Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: washer recommendations

washer recommendations

My washer just broke down again and as I have never been happy with it, I am getting a new one. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Maytag! Maytag! Maytag! I have always had one, my mother always had one, my MIL always had one... they take a licking & keep on ticking! Here's what workhorses they are... my DS & DIL have one that was my MIL from the 50's. She washed in it every day. Then when we got married, she gave it to us. I washed zillions of loads of wash in it. Never had to have it serviced (once a belt broke but DH was able to fix that). Then when DS & DIL bought their first house, I gave it to them (so I could get a new Maytag). I serious... they are wonderful & worth every $$$!

I think there was a discussion about this topic a while back. You might try looking for that thread, too.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I love my Kenmore top loading water & energy efficient machine. It is huge and does not have the center piece. I have had it about 2 years and it has been wonderful!

I'd suggest whatever you to out and find, read up on the reviews before purchasing. I have a Maytag Neptune top loader and when we bought it they had just come out. Turns out there are some design flaws that turn up about a year later (after the warranty runs out, naturally).

I wish I had read up before buying...

I have always bought Whirlpool washers and have never been sorry. They last forever.
    Karen in Kentucky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
    I have always bought Whirlpool washers and have never been sorry. They last forever.
    lol, if they last forever, why have you had to buy more than one??

Maytag Washers are now made by Whirlpool. They are not the same as the old Maytags, reputation-wise. I hope you check out lots of good sources before making your decision. Good luck!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by willferg View Post
    I'd suggest whatever you to out and find, read up on the reviews before purchasing. I have a Maytag Neptune top loader and when we bought it they had just come out. Turns out there are some design flaws that turn up about a year later (after the warranty runs out, naturally).

I wish I had read up before buying...
    We learned when buying cars to never buy the first year model...that has extended to other purchases as well. The first year is really like a trial run, no matter what the sales folks say. IMHO
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

We had a Maytag Neptune. Bad. Maytag is not Maytag anymore. We now have front loading Samsung. They had good reviews when we investigated. I really like them, clean clothes and ease of operation. The only negative is that the cycle are longer than I am accustomed to.

Native Texan living in beautiful Arkansas
    I've had 2 Maytag washers in the last 40 years. I still have the dryer purchased 40 years ago. My current washer was purchased in 1996.
    Take care of our earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast