Water Leak...OH MY!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 PM

I'm glad your sewing cabinet is safe! Water leaks are so unsettling. We had one in our dining room, it was awful!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:45 PM

Glad your stash is safe!!
But sorry you have the leak. Sure hope they fix it quickly!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

oh gosh, i hope they figure out where the leak started soon. i lived in an apartment long ago and the kids upstairs used to over flow their bathtub all the time. water in the hallway light fixture, etc. not a good thing! :mrgreen:
Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 PM

I just got an update phone call!!

The leak is from the kitchen sink drainage in the apartment above us. There were no signs of any leak in the upstairs apartment.

Apparently my kitchen is torn apart right now :shock: Holes in the ceiling :shock: and my kitties have to be locked in the bedroom so they aren't under foot :shock:

Now I get dinner out tonight :D Nothing fancy since I am on a strict budget right now, saving for kitty vet costs. But still....Dinner Out!!! YAY! The only reason I don't feel guilty about buying dinner out is that I don't have a choice!!!

I am just happy they figured out what is wrong, and that it is getting fixed. However, my boyfriend and I will be watching like hawks at the repairs!! My biggest fear in this leak is the creation of mold!!!! So they better replace what needs to be replaced, and dry out the stuff that doesn't have to be replaced!!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:39 PM

ooooooh free KFC meal....maybe a free dinner out!! And its the grilled stuff so it's kinda healthy right? RIGHT?!!!! :lol:
Old 05-05-2009, 04:04 PM

Dinner out anywhere is healthy!

I bought a building last week for my office. I called for the electricity to be switched over. Knew the sewer and garbage and tax collector were OK, our office did the closing. Hubby checks building on Friday and says- we have no water. DUH! I forgot to call the water co. We have a well at home. Today I meet water guy. He turns it on at the street, check inside house- knob thing where it turns on for the house- leaks like crazy. Turn water off at street, need plumber.

I laugh, what can I do. Have the heat guy coming for a new heating system, electrician was there on Friday, waiting for a quote. Waiting for paint guy to come to give quote and carpets will be installed next week. Counter guy will be there tomorrow night- I picked out colors. So what's the cost of a plumber- at this point I really don't care.

I have to be out of here by end of month. Wonder if I will make it without a meltdown- oh wait- PMS should arrive later this week- yes, guaranteed a meltdown. :) I just wonder who will be the receipient of my rage. (Insert evil laugh here, I'm soooo tired)

Ah, Leona, let me come to dinner with you.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:24 PM

When I was in college I worked for the L.A. Dept. of Water & Power. My favorite story while I worked there is that an irate customer called in because they had threatened to cut of her power for nonpayment. She said that if they did that, she was going to unscrew all the light bulbs and let the power run out all over the floor! Did you forget to pay your electric bill???
Old 05-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

So sorry about your leak...glad you could enjoy dinner out. I have a refrig leaking...GRRRR....can't stand the mess while they figure it all out!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by leona07
EEK!!! I just got a call from home, and we have water pouring out of our ceiling into the light socket globe thingy and onto the floor!!! Of course my first response was..WHERE WHERE!!!!!???? not on my sewing cabinet!!?? Not on the tv!!!?? Not on our bed?!! hahahaha of course I first worry about my sewing cabinet, that thing was expensive!!

Nope, the kitchen floor!! (i am sure you can hear by sigh of relief) Although I enjoy cooking, I can live without my kitchen for a few days :lol:

The funny thing is the we live in an apartment and the person above has no water on his floor, no leaks, and no water running. We do have a flat roofed building so I kinda wonder if maybe the water drainage goes into the building and is leaking. We live in Washington, the flat roof was a dumb idea in the first place!!! Anyhow, I doubt it is water pipe issues because they replaced all our old pipes with schmancy copper a year ago.

I sure am thankful that I am not at home having to deal with it!!!

I just had to share my "funny" story.
The frustrating thing about water leaking through the ceiling is that it's hard to figure out exactly WHERE it's coming from, because it can flow a ways before it actually leaks through the ceiling. Unfortunately, I know that from experience!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Barbm
Dinner out anywhere is healthy!

I bought a building last week for my office. I called for the electricity to be switched over. Knew the sewer and garbage and tax collector were OK, our office did the closing. Hubby checks building on Friday and says- we have no water. DUH! I forgot to call the water co. We have a well at home. Today I meet water guy. He turns it on at the street, check inside house- knob thing where it turns on for the house- leaks like crazy. Turn water off at street, need plumber.

I laugh, what can I do. Have the heat guy coming for a new heating system, electrician was there on Friday, waiting for a quote. Waiting for paint guy to come to give quote and carpets will be installed next week. Counter guy will be there tomorrow night- I picked out colors. So what's the cost of a plumber- at this point I really don't care.

I have to be out of here by end of month. Wonder if I will make it without a meltdown- oh wait- PMS should arrive later this week- yes, guaranteed a meltdown. :) I just wonder who will be the receipient of my rage. (Insert evil laugh here, I'm soooo tired)

Ah, Leona, let me come to dinner with you.
Sorry for your probs, but you wrote it up very funny. Hope all is well soon. And I hope no one gives you a gun while you have PMS- - -