Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: We have a temporary house guest!

Blog Entries

We have a temporary house guest!

We had a severe storm come thru our own and neighboring towns yesterday afternoon. Winds up to 90 MPH and a little bit of rain. In our city, we still have 80,000 people without electricity. There are so many trees down that the City workers worked all day today trying to remove them but there are still alot blocked roads. My other half volunteers at the local animal shelter every week, walking and bathing dogs. We got a call today telling us that the shelter doesn't have any power and hasn't had any since last evening. The city told them the power would be back on by Wednesday! They were asking for temporary foster homes for all the dogs up for adoption. We of course said yes and we brought Zurdo, a 1 1/2yo Pomeranian home with us today! Temporarily though because we already have 3 dogs (Shepherd/Akita mix, German Shepherd and a Pomeranian) and 4 cats. Zurdo is pretty well behaved though he does like to chase the cats! Housebroken too, which is a plus! So far, everyone is co-habitating without any major issues!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

What a good soul to allow a little excitement into the mix! I'll bet your cats will be looking for him for days after he is gone.

He is a doll, no way could I give him back. I for sure would change his name, don't know how that one came about.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    He is a doll, no way could I give him back. I for sure would change his name, don't know how that one came about.
    I looked up Zurdo thru Mr. Google and it means "Left Handed" and is also a Mexican Fantasy Adventure movie.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Oh, you & me both. He's too cute! Too bad I don't live in Indiana or he'd habe a new home & Leo would have a new brother... LOL! Hope your weather clears up soon. I heard about it on the news. It's just going crazy all over the place, isn't it? Here in WI, it's hotter than... well, you know...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    ditto..he's a cutie AND housebroken..wow

Oh, he's a handsome guy, my Pom Rusty, would love to play with him. I told the vet one time, Rusty needed some pills to calm him down, the vet told me, Rusty would keep me young, sence I'm in my 60's. lol Barb
    be happy

Blog Entries
    oh my gosh...he is the cutest thing!

Sure looks like he could capture your very good, large heart! Good for you!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    By any chance could Zurdo be some ones favorite at the pound??

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast