Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What did you make or do today? >

What did you make or do today?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Google Goddess

I am still working on my taxes and filing papers away. I am just about done and will have time to work on craft projects and get my quilts done.

I also did some wash today.

It was 80 degrees in Indiana, USA and sunny! Windy, but I love this weather and opened up the windows to enjoy the fresh air.

Karen
Old 04-06-2010, 06:26 PM

Because of the pollen, I sneezed and sneezed some more! And tonight we are watching the night sky light up with lightning and hoping the winds calm themselves soon.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Pam

I am being panicky, still do not have my top done for my art guild, one of 4 that I belong to, I do not want to do this thing, I am afraid it will look cartoonish. I have been practicing feathers, I am going to do the entire sky in feathers, instead of the usual clouds you see on landscape quilts, I think they look like stacked up turds!!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:30 PM

I subbed at school, washed some new fabric, worked in the yard before the rain!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:34 PM

I cleaned the winter grime from my bird feeders and filled them. Did some laundry and tried to clean another corner in my sewing room. Maybe tomorrow it will be done. I need to get back to my sewing. A beautiful windy sunny and warm day her in Pittsburgh. It was 81 today but by Fri it will only be 45. I guess summer isn't here yet as the weathermen keep telling us.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 PM

I taught Kindergarten all day (never a dull moment in there!) then worked about an hour after school finishing writing comments on the report cards that go out tomorrow. After that I hurried home and packed up my machine and sewing basket to do a class at my LQS. We made the very nicest pillow shams! (Well....we only made one in class. Will make the other one on my own.) It is one of those things that I always say I will make to coordinate with my quilts but I just never seem to get around to doing. It has been a pretty full day for me!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

Cleaned up the kitchen, washed some fabric...spending too much time here, so will now go and grout the mosaic I applied to a grubby, dog slobbered, pawmarked sandstone bench. Then shopping, cooking and hopefully some alone time with my machine.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:48 PM

Today I grocery shopped, cut all my fabrics for my BOM tomorrow. We're actually doing two blocks each month and I'm doing two quilts so it was for 4 blocks. I took a nap, folded fabric and straightened up my sewing room where I'd been making Funky Houses for the Funky Neighborhood block exchange. Now I'm going to make sure I've got everything packed up for tomorrow, take a shower and go to bed. Oh, I was on this board for quite awhile, took DD to school, and put the groceries away.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
I am being panicky, still do not have my top done for my art guild, one of 4 that I belong to, I do not want to do this thing, I am afraid it will look cartoonish. I have been practicing feathers, I am going to do the entire sky in feathers, instead of the usual clouds you see on landscape quilts, I think they look like stacked up turds!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I've got some blocks for the Funky Neighborhood exchange that are brick outhouses. Maybe my blocks and your clouds should get together. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Pam

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've got some blocks for the Funky Neighborhood exchange that are brick outhouses. Maybe my blocks and your clouds should get together. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I am doing a funky houses tote now, the rest of the guild is doing it all in black and white with pine trees. I will be showing up with multi colored houses and palm trees! A few of the stuffy old biddies get mad, but that is why I do it, just for fun!!!