Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Do When You Are Unable To Quilt? Here's My Project

The hats look great!! When I am not in the mood to quilt I enjoy doing counted cross stitch, needlepoint or knitting.
    "In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Power Poster
    Very cute caps! I have been wanting to crochet or knit myself a little sleeved shrug for sitting in the air conditioning. I saw someone wearing one that was done in garter stitch. It was simply a rectangle of knitting that they had sewed both ends into a sleeve shape and left the back part flat. The garter stitch had enough stretch so that the back fit across the neck and shoulders perfectly and the little sleeves were about elbow length. It was done in a soft fluffy yarn.

Those are adorable!

When I'm not sewing - When the weather turns cooler, I crochet afghans; it's too hot to have them sitting on my lap, during the warmer months. In previous years, I crocheted scarves for the Special Olympics . . . but they discontinued the program, this year (for 2013). I also do embroidery or counted cross stitch, when I'm in the mood.

I also read, but only if I can sit there and enjoy it, without constant interruptions. Whenever I have idle moments, I'm usually here on the computer or doing puzzles. Recently, my DD introduced me to the game, Flow (app on iPhone/iPad); now I'm addicted to it.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Your hats are precious. My sister knits caps and she does the Army or Hunter orange yarn. New Daddies love to see their baby sons in those! Wishing you the best with your recovery.

I crochet scarves for the homeless for winter. I have 6 done so far for this cold season. I make them with a simple double crochet and no fringe. They are for warmth not a fashion show...

Diannia
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

It is so wonderful you found something to do that will be used to bring happiness to so many others. The cap's are darling.

That doesn't look like nothing....looks awesome to me!
    Claudia

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
    Do you think some of the colors (different than newborn colors) are too far out? I just thought not everyone would love the soft looking "baby" colors.
    No, I think they're all adorable! Younger mothers may tend to like the brighter colors (I've noticed moms my kids' age seem to like bright colors for their babies). I'm so glad you found something you like to do so your time will pass more quickly! I wish I knew one end of a needle or hook so I could make some, too!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Thanks to everyone of you for the kind and supportive comments. I love my QB family.

Lovely hats and the parents always appreciate them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast