Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Do When You Are Unable To Quilt? Here's My Project

I think we all end up with more to do than we seem to have time for. GOD Bless

Quote Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
    This used to be my thing to do along with tiny little booties. Haven't done any for a while. Trying to knit a jacket for myself with chenille wool, make a wall hanging with hand embroidery for my new Quilt place as well as get moved in to said Quilt place. Also paint a cupboard for new room as well as get stash wrapped onto corflute boards. No wonder I'm tired & wanting to sew. Also have to make curtains for Quilt place and also for my bedroom. I've had this fabric for about 12 months. I think I have too many things I want to do. Oh! well it will all work in the end God willing.

These are really cute! I love the bright colors. I've also noticed that many new parents prefer the brighter colors. I would love the directions, if you're willing to share. Thanks in advance!

Awe, those are too cute! When I'm not quilting, I cross-stitch, started doing that way before I ever thought about making quilts. I never learned to crochet or knit, but I always wanted to.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Suz
    I have a dear friend who is no longer able to quilt. She's had several neck/back operations and just cannot do it. This is a permanent thing for her. I just finished piecing her granddaughter's quilt and have shipped it to the longarmer. It will be returned to me for trimming and binding.

Glad your disability is not permanent but am glad you putting your concentration into helping others. Good luck.

so sorry to hear of your medical issues...im dealing with the same...tuesday i go in for tests for future brain surgery...ive been looking for something to do while i cannot quilt...i cannot crochet, but have many skeins...i would luv to send them to you to do your project if you would like...are they a special yarn...i have skeins just from joanns...but they are different...great job...nice to do something so worthwhile....monica in tx...

My mom used to knit those for newborns at our hospital. She just couldn't sit and watch TV, and loved to do this. I'm not a knitter, but when I see these little hats and the good they do, I wish I were!

When I cannot quilt I hand applique.My sewing room is too hot and my joints hurt and and I have a bad case of the lazyees.So far I have made 6 blocks that are17 by 17 so i will have enough for a quilt by Christmas.
    I'm an obsessive compulsive quilter and batik aholic. I make only king size quilts.

I would love the patterns. I also have to have something to do. I am currently doing a counted cross stitch picture of Belle for my granddaughter's new bedroom. Also crocheting a baby blanket for her baby brother or sister due in March, four days before her birthday.
    Robinmg

That is great! I have a knitting/crocheting group that does caps for Arkansas Children's Hospital. They are so greatly appreciated. We never know who receives the caps, but we do know that the child and parents are appreciative of our loving thoughts when we create something an unknown child in need!

wow so cute. Have orthopedic issuses and have not been aloud to quilt since last november. just had more surgery so now looks like after new year. bored to teare but won't let me ever crochet. when better would love to make these.

I love your little caps and have never been a pastel-person so appreciate the bright colors.

Here's a web page that has patterns and identifies hospitals that will take donated handmade items for infants.
    http://www.carewear.org/

What adorable "hats". Isn't it funny that we always have to he doing something with our hands? I love your choice of "busy" Work. I'm sure it'll be much appreciated.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

I make britches and shorts for orphans, and that makes me very happy.

Blog Entries
    Your talent and generosity will be greatly appreciated. Blessings to YOU!

Nice little hats! The colors are fine too. Iknow that at the hospital I work they often run out of baby caps especially for boys so they will be so happy to get such a variety of colors!

Thanks for all the response. I will be sending out the patterns that I have received PM's for sometime next week. GOD Bless all.

oh those are so sweet....when i can`t quilt i paint rocks

God Bless your creative hands

Those are adorable. After I had surgery I couldn't sit up long to do anything so I read. I have been a reader all my life and would probably lose what little is left of my mind if I couldn't do that. I always reach the limit of how many books I can check out at a time .. lol Thank goodness for libraries. I do have a grandmother's flower garden I have been working on for years. I take it to the hospital with me to sew the fabric to the papers. I have all the papers cut and pieces of fabric the right size. I get bored with tv easily.

I wish I had your talent. I am able to do a lot of crafty things, however painting has always been my desire but have never been able to do it. GOD Bless

Quote Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
    oh those are so sweet....when i can`t quilt i paint rocks

Blog Entries
    your hats are very cute- but i have a question....if you can sit & crochet, why can you not sit & sew? there are lots of hand piecing projects that are fun, easy and would fill that (void)...english paper piecing or cathedral windows are both projects that are easy to do...
    just wondering- what the difference is in your (limitations) that is keeping you from being able to quilt/sew?
    great hat's though- & a great reason for making them
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Due to my injuries from a fall, I can move my arms from my elbow to my hands but not from my shoulder to my elbow. My right shoulder surgery has failed leaving my right arm unable to move very far from my side and my left arm is in what they call an immobilizer and attached to my body with a brace. I sit with my left wrist secured to my body and my right arm bent at the elbow to crochet. Thanks for the question. I sent you a PM explaining this further, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    your hats are very cute- but i have a question....if you can sit & crochet, why can you not sit & sew? there are lots of hand piecing projects that are fun, easy and would fill that (void)...english paper piecing or cathedral windows are both projects that are easy to do...
    just wondering- what the difference is in your (limitations) that is keeping you from being able to quilt/sew?
    great hat's though- & a great reason for making them

Those are so sweet. I know my DIL would love the non-traditional colors more than the pastels for her new baby so go for it!

Blog Entries
    I have friends that do that also. My craft class of elderly ladies crochet doggie and kittie blankies for the humane society and they go home with the pets. so far have done over 300. They are square to fit the cages

Cute hats and the colors are great. I think babies like bright things. What a great gift for new babies!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast