Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: What Do You Do When You Are Unable To Quilt? Here's My Project

Your hats are so cute. So nice of your to donate them. I would love to have the pattern.

I knit wash cloths out of cotton yarn. All my friends love them, I don't make them fancy or anything. I buy the yarn on sale at Michael's and can get the wildest colors. So soft and are great to use.

Blog Entries
    how cute! Love the different colors too. I deal with days / weeks when I just can't seem to get to my sewing room (fibro or orthopedic issues) so I'm learning to hand embroider. I have a machine embroidery unit but thought this would be a good alternative when I can't sit up straight in my sewing room.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

BCM
    They are lovely. Would you please post directions? Thank you.

I am on week five with my broken finger in the splint. I have been busy going through magazines, blogging, trying to organize (but I think I have more of a mess). I did my first gentle sweeping today; one hand vacuum cleaning today. Dishes are washed. I have been to several LQS. Watched YouTubes. Walk two miles a day. I type for a living so I have been using six fingers and one thumb. Counting the days until I can use two hands again. And mainly trying to not rebreak this finger. Nothing creative though. I am so looking forward to quilting.
    Carol

I think your baby hats are precious and would also like the pattern. My husband works in a hospital and maternal care, would love to have these for their newborn. thanks for sharing!
    Believe, it can be done!

so glad you got a project going i know what you mean about keeping busy... i would love to have the pattern if you can... those are so cute.. thanks again for sharing

You are a blessing to newborns, thier little heads seem to be quite cold, when I can't quilt, I do cut-work embrodiery, it is portable and it goes fast
    happy to have enough stash fabric at all time

Thanks for the kind words. What is cut-work embroidery?

Quote Originally Posted by danece View Post
    You are a blessing to newborns, thier little heads seem to be quite cold, when I can't quilt, I do cut-work embrodiery, it is portable and it goes fast
    Last edited by twinkie; 08-27-2012 at 01:29 PM.

All of the patterns have been sent out. Please let me know if you didn't receive one that you requested. GOD Bless

M.D. Anderson visits with DH got me knitting. Saw another lady making dishcloths and thought that was perfect to keep me busy. Staying in small apt. Waiting to get in a house started me on jewelry. You can get into a lot of trouble when you can not quilt!

Thank you for doing something for others. Keep up the great work.

Kat

Thank you so much for the kind words in response to this project. I was so pleased with the response from the ladies requesting the pattern. GOD Bless

I love the hats. About how long does it take to make one? I love all the color choices.
    Barb Pampel
    N/E Mississippi

I can make one in about an hour but I have been crocheting for about 65 years and people tell me that I crochet very fast. I would guess the average person could make one in about an hour and a half. Sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBobbin13 View Post
    I love the hats. About how long does it take to make one? I love all the color choices.

Blog Entries
    Those hats are so cute. I knit hats, but mine are adult hats for me and my family. Here's a sample.

Name:  hat.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  535.1 KB

What a wonderful job. I do knit a little. If you wouldn't mind sending the pattern to me, I will be glad to send you my e-mail address. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
    Those hats are so cute. I knit hats, but mine are adult hats for me and my family. Here's a sample.

Name:  hat.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  535.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
    What a wonderful job. I do knit a little. If you wouldn't mind sending the pattern to me, I will be glad to send you my e-mail address. Thanks
    I'll just PM you here on the board. Let me get it and I'll send you a PM in a few minutes.

Senior Member Blue's quilting mama's Avatar
    These are so cute. I am so happy you have this project.

Blog Entries
    If you could pm the pattern, that would be awesome! Mom loves to crochet, has been making throws for the nursing Home as well as baby blankets for project Linus, all crochet...but I bet she would love the skull cap idea!

Great thing to do, and nice the dr. knew u needed it too, I LOVE EM all
    Find a point in horizon.... keep moving towards it....

oh i LOVE them!!!! yes please i would LOVE the pattern!
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

When I travel with DH, I have to stay busy so I have started to take my rug hooking projects. I have tried knitting and crocheting but it has not caught on...I have made several place mats and a small bedroom rug. The reason I have to have something to do is that otherwise I am telling my DH how to drive and or when to change lanes etc.... He does not like that....

Quote Originally Posted by mamagrande View Post
    When I travel with DH, I have to stay busy so I have started to take my rug hooking projects. I have tried knitting and crocheting but it has not caught on...I have made several place mats and a small bedroom rug. The reason I have to have something to do is that otherwise I am telling my DH how to drive and or when to change lanes etc.... He does not like that....
    This is so funny....my DH has had to quit driving for health reasons, but he hasn't learned to quit making the decisions on when to change lanes, slow down, etc., while I am behind the wheel. I wish he would start doing rug hooking or something. LOL!

The only way I'll drop 10 pounds is to go shopping in England. - Maxine-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3