What to eat? and when?

Old 08-10-2016, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Nope - whatever we want whenever we want it. We tend to stick with about 3 meals about the same time every day, but, life goes on and sometimes not so much. We are very flexible in retirement with no hungry children to contend with!!
Old 08-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

I ask DH "Are you hungry?"

Then he looks at his watch - his watch knows if he is hungry or not?
Old 08-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
​I have no problem eating breakfast for supper or supper for breakfast but I do have to eat supper early now. Anything after 6:00 pm is going to give me trouble for bedtime with acid reflux.
Tartan my Dr. put me on prescription Prevacid for acid reflux. I took one pill a day for two weeks, then one every other day for a week and now I'm down to one pill a week. No reflux at all and I can eat anything without worry. The main thing is to get the esophagus healed from previous reflux erosion and then prevent it from doing any more damage.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:46 PM

My DH is also one of those people who only eats traditional breakfast foods for breakfast, lunch foods at lunch time, and of course dinner foods at dinner only. Sometimes I find that restricting, but, overall he's a grand guy so I go along with it. Also, his metabolism is pretty fast so meals tend to be a set number of hours apart. Oh well.....
Old 08-10-2016, 01:01 PM

I've been known to have oatmeal for supper when my hubby is not around. When the kids were little and he taught adult ed, we'd have breakfast for supper once in a while and they loved it. Cheesy eggs, yum. My hubby's like yours. My stomach is more flexible like yours.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I ask DH "Are you hungry?"

Then he looks at his watch - his watch knows if he is hungry or not?
My DH does the exact same thing! Must admit it drives me a little crazy I'm either hungry or not hungry, don't care what time it is! And, actually, I am usually hungry!
Old 08-10-2016, 03:15 PM

I can eat breakfast foods any time. In fact, a bacon, eggs, and hasbrowns or pancakes is one of my favorite dinners. I seldom make it because my DH doesn't care for it as a dinner. But I don't care for any meat other than bacon or sausage in the morning, whereas he can enjoy steak, pizza, a chicken burrito, or the like as breakfast. When he goes on business trips, I love having oatmeal or cereal or whatever floats my easy boat for dinner.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

I'll eat icecream any time of the day. however, I don't like to eat anything before 3 pm.
I'm on a lot of meds, and i think that has something to do with it.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:09 PM

I love breakfast foods and often eat breakfast for dinner. Chicken soup for breakfast, no thanks.

I have heard it said, a relationship consists of two people asking each other "What do you want to eat?" until one of them dies.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
I have heard it said, a relationship consists of two people asking each other "What do you want to eat?" until one of them dies.
Priceless!!!

I only eat breakfast on weekends and it is usually traditional eggs, etc. Have been known to eat breakfast for dinner (especially when I am at my house in Maine), but DH is a meat and potatoes guy, so "regular" food for him. Like Lynnie, there are days I don't eat until after 3 pm. Other days I'm eating from sun-up to sundown. DH likes cold pizza. No thanks. I am not one to eat leftovers (except soups and stews), he doesn't care one way or the other.

I have to confess, I had a "normal" dinner tonight: a small hamburger (no bun), 1/2 cup of corn niblets and a cluster of green grapes. Now I have heartburn...Oh well...