Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you going to be?

Talking What are you going to be?

Next Wednesday is Halloween? If you are dressing up, who or what are you going to dress up as?

I'm thinking of being a grandma - what I am the other 364 days of the year! Real original, huh?
    Proud grandma of Coast Guard grandson and Air Force granddaughter!

I haven't dressed up since I was about 12 or 13. I'm not real big on Halloween. I only like some of the cute scarecrows, ghost etc. Casper The Friendly Ghost is my very favorite.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I have never liked Halloween! Sorry, even as a kid, I thought it was stupid to get dressed up just to get free candy. My brothers and sisters went out and came back with loads of candy, ate until they got sick, and gave the rest to me. I ended up with more candy and didn't have to dress up in a crazy costume to get it

I dressed up one year as the scariest thing known to man........a housewife! I wore an old housecoat, put my hair in brush rollers (the spongy pink ones would be cute too) with a scarf tied around it, rolled my socks down and wore old house shoes. Yes, I was quite the site, but it was fun!

Blog Entries
    I do not do halloween
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

I used to do halloween, had 6 boys an they loved it. One son born Oct. 30 missed halloween by 5 mins.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to be dressed up as a quilter at a quilt show in Houston. Ha ha. For once, the husband has to take the kids door-to-door. I used to like Halloween, but I'm getting tired of being the only one who decorates, helps the kids carve pumpkins, buys the candy (then gets in trouble because I didn't buy the kind everyone likes, gee I wonder why) takes the kids out on Halloween night, and cleans everything up afterwards. It's no longer fun, just a major P.I.T.A. anymore.

Blog Entries
    I am going as a witch doctor..my doc coat,plastic snake around my neck etc. To my LQS which gives 50 percent off if we come in costume!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tutt View Post
    I dressed up one year as the scariest thing known to man........a housewife! I wore an old housecoat, put my hair in brush rollers (the spongy pink ones would be cute too) with a scarf tied around it, rolled my socks down and wore old house shoes. Yes, I was quite the site, but it was fun!
    I wore the same costume a couple yrs ago -my little buddy Devon (4)invited me to go with them.-his Aunt Katie used halloween hair color and she shared some with me.Well for 2 wks after we just kept getting brighter orange with every shampoo. We ended up getting a beautician to fix our hair. It was worth it I had fun and I went to my 1st haunted house-Devon laughed every time I got spooked.This year my GDs will ""fix"" me up..it's going to be a surprise. I know there will be none of that washes out in a couple shampoo's dye

It's not something that's very big in Australia...no one I know bothers with it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast