Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are you going to be?

Talking What are you going to be?

Next Wednesday is Halloween? If you are dressing up, who or what are you going to dress up as?

I'm thinking of being a grandma - what I am the other 364 days of the year! Real original, huh?

I haven't dressed up since I was about 12 or 13. I'm not real big on Halloween. I only like some of the cute scarecrows, ghost etc. Casper The Friendly Ghost is my very favorite.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I have never liked Halloween! Sorry, even as a kid, I thought it was stupid to get dressed up just to get free candy. My brothers and sisters went out and came back with loads of candy, ate until they got sick, and gave the rest to me. I ended up with more candy and didn't have to dress up in a crazy costume to get it

I dressed up one year as the scariest thing known to man........a housewife! I wore an old housecoat, put my hair in brush rollers (the spongy pink ones would be cute too) with a scarf tied around it, rolled my socks down and wore old house shoes. Yes, I was quite the site, but it was fun!

Blog Entries
    I do not do halloween
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

I used to do halloween, had 6 boys an they loved it. One son born Oct. 30 missed halloween by 5 mins.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to be dressed up as a quilter at a quilt show in Houston. Ha ha. For once, the husband has to take the kids door-to-door. I used to like Halloween, but I'm getting tired of being the only one who decorates, helps the kids carve pumpkins, buys the candy (then gets in trouble because I didn't buy the kind everyone likes, gee I wonder why) takes the kids out on Halloween night, and cleans everything up afterwards. It's no longer fun, just a major P.I.T.A. anymore.

Blog Entries
    I am going as a witch doctor..my doc coat,plastic snake around my neck etc. To my LQS which gives 50 percent off if we come in costume!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tutt View Post
    I dressed up one year as the scariest thing known to man........a housewife! I wore an old housecoat, put my hair in brush rollers (the spongy pink ones would be cute too) with a scarf tied around it, rolled my socks down and wore old house shoes. Yes, I was quite the site, but it was fun!
    I wore the same costume a couple yrs ago -my little buddy Devon (4)invited me to go with them.-his Aunt Katie used halloween hair color and she shared some with me.Well for 2 wks after we just kept getting brighter orange with every shampoo. We ended up getting a beautician to fix our hair. It was worth it I had fun and I went to my 1st haunted house-Devon laughed every time I got spooked.This year my GDs will ""fix"" me up..it's going to be a surprise. I know there will be none of that washes out in a couple shampoo's dye

It's not something that's very big in Australia...no one I know bothers with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000 View Post
    I have never liked Halloween! Sorry, even as a kid, I thought it was stupid to get dressed up just to get free candy. My brothers and sisters went out and came back with loads of candy, ate until they got sick, and gave the rest to me. I ended up with more candy and didn't have to dress up in a crazy costume to get it
    Same here as far as liking Halloween as a kid. Then as a teacher, I had to endure the blasted Halloween party each year. Many close relatives died in October (two grandparents, MIL, son, and more) and seeing all the skeletons, ghosts, etc., just are a total turn off. I like fall with leaf decorations, pumpkins, wheat groupings, etc., but could do with Halloween and "Day of the Dead." No disrespect intended, but it's just not important to me.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Home, with the lights out!
    Wendy in VA

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by lillybeck View Post
    I do not do halloween
    We don't either.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Since I've been retired, I dress up as me. A retired not too old, housewife. Sounds good to me.

Halloween use to be one of my favorite days when my kids were small. I always went all out making their costumes and everyone in the neighborhood use to get together and walk around the section to look at decorations. My kids loved it. We parents had a party afterward . Everyone had a great time. I loved dressing up too. Not so much anymore. Everything has changed now because a few people have done stupid things or made it a bad day.

Blog Entries
    A quilter!! Just have to wear lint all over me!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    Quote Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
    I am going as a witch doctor..my doc coat,plastic snake around my neck etc. To my LQS which gives 50 percent off if we come in costume!
    will be wearing one of our 6 ft live snakes around my neck. he loves to be held and the kids love petting him. as long as it stays warm he can come outside. if it gets too cold I may have to do the old washer woman with curlers etc. We love Halloween here.
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Out here in the forest we don't get any little ghosts, goblins or witches.
    Last time I passed out candy was 12 yrs. ago when I lived in the city.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I think I`ll just think back to my way-back younger years. We sure had fun. I wouldn`t be suprised if I wasn`t call a witch a time or two, after all I`ve been married 50 some years and had 5 kids!!!!

i live to far out .. i will buy candy i like and eat it myself. nobody comes out this far.....

Blog Entries
    Halloween was always so much fun - when I was a kid, when my children were little, and now when I am old it is still fun. I love dressing up and so does my husband. We look really cute in our Raggedy Ann and Andy costumes but for me my favorite costume is my witch outfit. Whee!

I'm dressing up as the Queen of Hearts. I go to a big dance event and have dressed up for the past few years - - - fun! I've dressed up as Marilyn Monroe (in the famous white dress), Lucille Ball - - - wigs & all. Unltil recently, I didn't do much of anything with Halloween; hardly any kids coming to my door, etc.

I have fun dressing up!

Jane
    Jane

Blog Entries
    I have dressed for Wee School (3-5 year old christan school)
    Mother Goose, zebra, indian, pilgrim, Dr., 1950's student, clown, everyone dressed. I no longer there retired.
    Kids loved it. We had games, food, songs and fun.
    Now pictures of my granchildren. We stuff shoes boxes for for shipment to Samaritan purse.
    Whatever you do enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    I'm going to be dressed up as a quilter at a quilt show in Houston. Ha ha. For once, the husband has to take the kids door-to-door. I used to like Halloween, but I'm getting tired of being the only one who decorates, helps the kids carve pumpkins, buys the candy (then gets in trouble because I didn't buy the kind everyone likes, gee I wonder why) takes the kids out on Halloween night, and cleans everything up afterwards. It's no longer fun, just a major P.I.T.A. anymore.
    Oh, Peggi, I know exactly where you're coming from, but you'll miss it when they're grown!

I went to my book club meeting this evening, and we did costumes. I decided just a few days ago to be Phyllis Diller, who passed away recently at age 95 (with a smile on her face, according to her son). I went to Goodwill and bought the flashiest dress that fit me and a pair of matching pointy heels that were my size - couldn't believe my luck! Got the necklace there, also. Most of the rest of the stuff was from dollar stores. The dress is sleeveless, and when the weather got suddenly cold today, it was just lucky I had a black dressy jacket. This is the first time in my life I've ever worn false eyelashes. I had a blast. I am usually the very opposite of flashy. My hair is dull, straight brown with some gray, and I don't normally like to wear makeup or uncomfortable anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Wow Rose!! You look fabulous!!!
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast