Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Who gets poison ivy

Hmmmm that is interesting, our doctor told us NOT to take a hot show that is why it spreads. We were to take only cold to luke warm to showers. Either way, we always ended up getting a shot. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    No one mentioned Calamine lotion! Wonderful! Speaking from someone who has had a couple of bad bouts with it. Cheap and almost immediate relief from the itching..
    I don't like Calamine lotion. One time I used Benadryl lotion and took Benadryl. Big mistake.It caused a bad reaction and the dr told me not to do that again.

If my son gets anywhere near it he is broken out all over. I know if I see one spot on him we head to the Dr and get the shot.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

I got poison oak real bad a few years ago and my sister in law told me to get Prednisone from Dr. (as she works for a Dr.) and boy it cleared it up fast. Prednisone is a steroid (as my hubby takes it for his kidney and pancrease transplant from 9/18/90.

Karen

Blog Entries
    Also I took bleach and rubbed on it and it sure dried up fast!

Karen

Blog Entries
    Noone mentioned Ivarest. I get it at Walmart and I only use that for all breakouts. It has a topical agent that numbs the skin and calms the histimine reaction.

I am very allergic. If you will rub with bleach as soon as you can, you will not break out. You can also use it after you have the dreaded blisters.

I have also used pure alcohol as soon as I noticed that I had touched it. Use it or bleach several times a day, and it will go away.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5