Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has their sewing machine in their bedroom?

We went and looked at a few apartments today and naturally they are 2 bedroom so I would have to set up my machine in my bedroom. They are big enough to do that but I was wondering...does it feel odd to sew in your bedroom?

So many new things...

Power Poster
    When we winter in the RV park, some of the people sew in the bedroom part - some use the kitchen table - some use the Florida room -

depends on how big their trailer is and who they are living with.

Blog Entries
    my computer is in my bedroom....sewing machine is in 3rd bedroom....I would cry if I ever had to give it up LOL

Yes, mine is in our bedroom, when I finish with it I cover it over, the painful bit is a: having to tidy up each evening, and b: making sure there are no pins on the floor, I have taken to using the brightly coloured glass pins. My theory was that to quilt anywhere is better than not to quilt. Have fun.

Blog Entries
    I have sewn in every room of every place I have ever lived LOL
    There are some nice folding sewing units available. They have a lot of storage and tidying up is quicker and easier.

Banned
    when i lived alone, before getting married, my sewing room was my bedroom.

i phrase it that way because the sewing stuff far out weighed the bedroom stuff that was in the room :shock: :lol:

I have a quilt room but I hardly ever sew there. I like to be where my sweetie is. I do create there but sew generally out of our home.

Sometimes I sew on the diningroom table.

Blog Entries
    Before I took over one of the rooms in the house as my sewing room. I used the living room. I had a machine that was in a fold away cabinet so when I wasn't sewing it was used as a lamp table. This was before I started quilting though. Then it was goodbye living room, get your butts out of the den it's all mine now. If you live alone having a sewing room in the bedroom would be pretty nice. Get tired of sewing and go right to bed. :D I would have a fit if DH said he wanted to go to bed and I'd have to stop sewing. Nope wouldn't work if I had to share the bedroom.

Never had to do that. Have always had the sewing machine in the living room, or dining room.

It will be okay, I'm sure.

One of the models had a nice slender desk that would be a perfect sewing table. It looked just like an old writing table with two slim drawers under the top. I could store some things under it and my legs would be able to stretch out.

I'd love to find something like that. I can't stop thinking about that desk.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast