Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Flying??

do we have many members that are also members of flylady.net? I just joined. I'm pretty excited to get started, but I cring ever time I read about someone flinging their quilting stash. eeeekkk.

never heard of it, what is it?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing that site. I will go and browse. I am a tosser, but am married to a "hoarder" so this may bring us some calm (smile).

Welcome from Iowa.

Blog Entries
    I know, last year I went to a yard sale of a quilter who was quitting quilting. I didn't know we could do that! :-) I bought everything I could and she had plenty of stuff! It must take a lot of courage to chuck it all. BTW, she was taking up another costly hobby: genealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    never heard of it, what is it?
    flylady.net is a website to help us declutter and clean our houses and finally love yourself (FLY).

Blog Entries
    I have been following flylady for about 7 years on and off. A quilting friend told me about her. I've 'cruised through' her holiday missions for years and it makes things much easier. I won't tell her that some of us quilters refuse to toss our stashes :-D

Yes! I am a "Fly Baby"
    Flinging stash is very difficult for me so I don't unless it's just crap...but I am trying to purge the house of stuff that I haven't used in ten years that is broken or doesn't fit anymore...

Remember... 15 mins at a time will recover your house and your health.

totally want my hubby to check this out! LOL I am more on the practically dont need it dont keep it mentality. My hubby is the save it forever kind of guy. We are both 25. We have way too much stuff. If he continues to keep things like he does I'm scared to see what we will have by the time he is 50 lol.

I have followed flylady somewhat for several years. It was after I retired and I just wanted to be a little bit lazy and do what I wanted whenever I wanted, etc. However, I did declutter my entire house, garage, basement and any other corner I could find. I also use her holiday missions and the daily ones are good too. And yes, I decluttered my sewing room. It is possible and it wasn't painful. I had fabric I knew I'd never use so I donated it to people who I was sure would make good use of it. Last Sept. I even went through all the paperwork, tax papers, and it is a good feeling to know where everything is and to be able to find something in a hurry when I need it.

Blog Entries
    Tried it for awhile. Takes dedication and all mine goes to sewing/quilting!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast