Who's Flying??

Old 01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like something I should investigate - I am in danger of becoming like the lady with the jars.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I tried it years ago but she kept insisting I had to wear shoes. In the house.
lol...
I started with the sisters that inspired FlyLady... yup did the complete file box system... still have it... it worked about 1 month... kept getting behind... I like the 15 min. idea and the timer... now if I could get my mother to understand that just because I'm working on something and take a break that I have not necessarily completed the task.... that's another story... has to do with dementia....
Old 01-21-2011, 02:33 AM

Im fluttering.. but keep trying to fly. Is it possible to declutter everthing but fabric and sewing supplies? Because in that area, I think I'm a hoarder!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:35 AM

I found out about fly lady a few years back and her suggestions really helped to change my life. My main problem was laziness! so now I try to maintain a somewhat presentable house....remove clutter ( i have a very small stash) and make myself look decent everyday even if I stay home b/c it just makes me feel better. I don't do alot of what she recommends but you can pick and choose just a few things at a time to improve your life.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel
do we have many members that are also members of flylady.net? I just joined. I'm pretty excited to get started, but I cring ever time I read about someone flinging their quilting stash. eeeekkk.
I learned to let go of things I don't love or don't think I will use. I take it with me to my quilt group and others that can use it are happy! I have accumulated alot of stuff! I find I am working better with less clutter. I saved alot of scraps and had too many projects going and to do. Believe me I have a long way to go, but her little steps and starting where you are now really help.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:19 AM

Need help. What is Flylady? What is its purpose? Would appreciate any info. Thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 AM

I took a quick peek at her website and added it to my favorites because this is something I have a problem with. My DH is always after me to clean up my clutter, and I know I have stuff that I don't need; will never use; shouldn't let hang around. When my dear mom passed away in 2001, my surviving two sisters and I met to go through her belongings. The bed in her spare bedroom was heaped with clothing she never wore, and we marveled at the "stuff" she had squirreled away in every nook and cranny. I told myself I never wanted to leave that sort of material legacy, and when I got home from the trip, I did do some cleaning out, but I have a lot more to go. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:44 AM

I've not gone there. I have no problem with clutter or "stuff". Every few years I tell myself I'm moving --- and I refuse to keep anything that would cost me $$ to move and I haven't used. I psych myself out. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 01-21-2011, 10:44 AM

My DH passed away 5 months ago and I got into a slump where I didn't want to clean or do laundry. I knew I had to change that way of thinking and have begun "fluttering" The rubba brush and toilet brush are fabulous. I also learned bleach will shine a stainless steel sink without a lot of scouring and scrubbing. I love the 15 minute increments. House is looking pretty good, still need to do sewing room. LOL
Old 01-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I tried it years ago but she kept insisting I had to wear shoes. In the house.
Yes, that turned me off also. Shoes are full of nasties picked up outside. Wearing them in the house just spreads all that nasty around everywhere.

And drying the sink!!?? I don't think so!!! I love to have mine nice and clean, freshly scoured, but no way will I be drying it. I also use bleach to disinfect it. That's plenty good, IMHO!!!