Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Why did you pick that Avatar? >

Why did you pick that Avatar?

Why did you pick that Avatar?

Old 11-17-2010, 03:57 PM

My avatar is Tara's 2nd birthday, we were told to take her back to the breeder when we got her at 1 pound 4 ounces because she would not live-she is doing great at 2 1/2 and is our house princess. She now weighs 6 pounds. And we would not give her up for anything.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

I have had PM's concerning my avatar and I've been pondering what to say about it here and getting directly to the point.

I think it somewhat speaks for itself but I need to add my gratitude for what God has done and is doing in my life through Jesus, the Christ. I am thankful of the privilege of intimate prayer. I depend upon it...
GrandPa
Old 11-18-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by GrandPa
I have had PM's concerning my avatar and I've been pondering what to say about it here and getting directly to the point.

I think it somewhat speaks for itself but I need to add my gratitude for what God has done and is doing in my life through Jesus, the Christ. I am thankful of the privilege of intimate prayer. I depend upon it...
GrandPa
I like it! Glad you have it as your avatar!
Old 11-18-2010, 10:50 AM

My avatar is the second quilt I had made. It was my sanity saver. I had a major heart attack and was so lucky to be alive and my 82 year old aunt hopped a bus (12 hr ride)to come and stay with me for six weeks. She cooked and cleaned for my DH and myself. I had started to hand quilt it just before my heart attack so as I was unable to do much I sat and finished quilting it. My aunt had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at the time but didn't tell us. I finished it and gave it to her. She only had it about 2 months when she went to hospital.She wanted me to take it back and when I wouldn't she asked if she could give it to her daughter. Of course I was so touched and gave it to my cousin. She said she cherishes it so much. I was so glad she got it.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:03 PM

I have always been drawn to pears...not sure why, just love them! When I saw this wall hanging in a magazine I knew I had to make it. When I am fortunate enough to become a grandma I will change from pears to baby!

Love the Stories....
Old 11-20-2010, 02:08 PM

Mine is of my first attempt at freezer paper piecing.