Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do the cats do this?

That is why my cat is named Damn Cat!! Actually my Maltese is worse..When I am hand quilting, he has to lay on the part on draping onto the floor

Pat625...i have a Maltese too..she has to lay on every quilt she can get to. But aren't they the sweetest little dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo C View Post
    Pat625...i have a Maltese too..she has to lay on every quilt she can get to. But aren't they the sweetest little dogs?
    I bought mine off Craigs list..He was afraid of people for a while..You couldn't even talk too loud around him..He was a matted mess and half his back was chewed up because of a skin condition..Now he is healthy and throws a fit if I don't let him in the bathroom with me..I got him for company since I am disabled and alone during the day when the kids are in school..I don't know how I would live without him now..Last time I was in the hospital for a week, he refused to eat hardly. I couldn't wait to come home to him..

I have to laugh, as I've never had a cat, and the stories you all tell about them are just too funny.. Socrates is very well behaved, and he will hang out in his dog house a couple of feet from where I am working.. He does have a need to be close, except when he is tired, and wants to go to sleep for the night.. Then he needs to be picked up,a nd put on the bed..

Our two cats have to lay on, play on, hide under, sleep on, and most irritating of all shed on everything I make. My dog on the other hand just walks on what ever is on the floor and is my chief judge. Luckily he is easily convinced of its merit with tummy rubs.

Merivale
    Australia.
    Merivale
    Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderBlue View Post
    I always wonder if they are jealous of what we are working on, or trying to be involved and helping.
    I think this is the correct answer. As human pets your ONLY jobs are to feed, clean litter for, and entertain the cats. If you are working on something else you obviously don't know your place and must be reminded.

They say dogs have owners, and cats have servants. That said, I don't think I ever want to live a life without a cat in it. Relatively low maintenance, and they love you back. Mine always have, anyway.
    She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.

What pretty babies. They just want to help.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Power Poster
    ​Because they know it bugs you.🐱

He likes,to feel and touch the pretty material........
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast