Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does meatloaf get a bum rap?

We love meatloaf at our house so I thought I'd share a terrific way to make meatloaf with you!

Make your regular meatloaf mixture...everybody's is a bit different, but instead of making a loaf, pat the meat mixture out to about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick on waxed paper or plastic wrap, in a rectangle shape.
    Spread the top with 1/4 to 1/3 cup of tomato sauce, then a layer of thin sliced pepperoni (I get 1/4 lb thinly sliced at the deli- sandwich pepperoni), next, a nice layer, about a cup, of shredded mozzerella cheese.
    Now, sprinkle on a couple of handfuls of bread crumbs or cracker crumbs. This holds the cheese in when it melts!
    Roll up from the narrow end, jelly-roll style - tuck everything in, place in your baking pan, top with sauce, and bake as usual.

I promise - if your family like pepperoni pizza, you will not have leftovers!! Serve with noodles and extra sauce!!! Yum, Yum, Yum...I promise!

Now, Please, share your favorite Meatloaf recipe. Is anyone else really creative with this "Tried and True" favorite?

OK, I'll be the first to admit that I HATE meatloaf. That said, yours sounds not only edible but delicious!! :lol: :lol:

Your recipe sounds delicious! I put bbq sauce in my meat.My family loves it. I also tried meat loaf with chicken chopped meat. Little difference in flavor from red. But so much healthier and it tastes great!

Blog Entries
    I love meatloaf any way, shape or form :D:D as long as it isn't dried out :lol:

I will have to try your recipe the next time my grands come to visit :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I think it gets a bad review because often it is dried out and tasteless. I LOVE meatloaf with mashed taters and carrots. What a comfor food.

I love meatloaf - mostly the homemade kind. I make mine with an easy recipe: 1 lb ground chuck, 1 egg, and stovetop stuffing. Mix and put into oven.

a good basic recipe can be varied easily. :)

Blog Entries
    I mix half hamburger half italian sausage.....Half of my family LOVES it and half HATES It (meatloaf in general)! LOL...I will eat it now since some of my family likes it...but I didn;t like it as a kid...so I don't know...I guess it is an aquired taste...and I can't say that I crave it or anything..but I will eat it.

We love it here, even the left overs! Your recipe sounds really great, Thanks!

I love meatloaf. Different recipies are interesting but I always go.....simple meatloaf. Bless you for posting this. I might try it.

I love meatloaf and if I haven't had it for a while I will crave it, with mashed potatoes and corn, gravy is good also.
    I only use the recipe on the Quaker Oatmeal canister and add some worchestershire sauce or steak sauce, sometimes. I do not like ketchup on the top. I never bake it as a loaf, always bake in a 13x9" cake pan, cook faster than a loaf.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast