Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wicked Good Lunch

Last night, knowing I was going to be on my own for lunch today, I pulled a single serving container of soup from the freezer to thaw in the fridge overnight. I found what I was pretty sure was cream of pumpkin, but the label had fallen off. I was looking forward to that hot soup on this chilly, damp winter day. When I got it out, it seemed a little pale and oddly foamy. I hadn't noticed that before, but it smelled good, so I popped it in the microwave. I didn't remember putting so much nutmeg in pumpkin soup, but sometimes I'm a little free handed with the spices and don't measure anything when making soup, so I took a sip. Not much pumpkin in there, and good grief - I surely never meant to put so much sugar in soup. Maybe next time I'll read the recipe. I wasn't paying a lot of attention - I get to read the paper at the table if I'm alone, right? Finally after about three more slurps of that "soup" I was absolutely sure it wasn't soup, but what could it be? After considerable deliberation it finally dawned: the last dab of some eggnog ice cream. If I'd known that, I might have added some rum. It was a bit different for lunch, but I have to say, hot ice cream on a winter day is a better idea than one might have expected. Now I probably ought to give some thought to using the treadmill. Nah - sewing is more fun. I wonder how many calories I burn making a doll quilt...

Lol! I bet that was a good lunch. Thanks for posting.

Blog Entries
    LOL! Sounds like a wonderful lunch!!!

That was pretty funny

Blog Entries
    Funny. Once I put my ice tea pitcher to soak with soap and water. DH saw it sitting out and put it back in frig. I pulled it out and poured a glass....It was not good...even cold!!! That was back in the solid color Tupperware days!!

ohmy LOL

my brother once ate a pint of "ice cream" from a square container in the freezer and complained it did not have much taste. Turns out it was some leftover coffee creamer.

LOL! Funny stories!

As a retired Sciences teacher I remember several experiments in our fridge marked "Do Not Eat!"

PS - my DH regularly calls me over to the freezer to identify mystery items in anonymous containers. Guess us gals are just better at it than guys! Although sometimes even I am stumped!

That eggnog ice cream sounds good!! I cry when all the eggnog is gone from the stores...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast