Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Work meetings

I have a meeting with my new VP today. I really dislike these things! I am quiet and shy, just don't talk much, and it's hard to do these 1-on-1 things. It's like a job interview all over again and I've been here 16 years!

I spoke to a co-worker and who has had his meeting and he said it was OK... not easy but OK. He said he was put on the spot and drilled about things a few times. He did say something very nice that I appreciate. When asked, out of the three of us who work on the IP Telephony systems, who was the best he said hands down it was me. I'll be sure to return the favor and one of his strong point is that he handles all the Executives and their Assistants. Does a lot of hand-holding and individual work with them. I REALLY appreciate that because I don't want to do it.

Wish me luck.

Good luck!!

I am sure you will do fine! Keep us posted.

Deep breath - remember - you have all the knowledge, just let it show. Good luck!

good luck.

Blog Entries
    Good luck and let us know how it went :D:D:D

Hope things go/went well! You are not alone in your dislike of these kind of meetings. I hate this type of thing too! But, no one could ever call me shy, and as for talking, my mom used to say I was vaccinated by a phonograph needle! LOL

Marjpf is right...you have 16 years of experience and knowledge...just let your light shine!

Dang... I talked so much I feel hoarse! He asked some tough questions but I got through them. Some were technical like asking about setting up a Call Center and E911. Most were non-technical and more about my team and management.

It was OK. :D

I walked away with a bunch of tasks though that I wrote down as soon as I got to my desk to I don't forget them.

Good to hear it went okay. Since you got new tasks, shows he knows you are capable!

Blog Entries
    Pam, I have to tell you the perspective from the "other" side of the desk. There is no reason to be scared. If you are shy, most likely your boss/or whomever already knows that. Your work speaks volumes about your talents. Generally the meetings are to find out how you are feeling about lots of aspects related to your job and your ability to work to the best of your ability. Like...what stands in your way. The questions asked will give insite into that type of thing. When I had "those" one/one meetings with my employees...I came away with lots of work to do to try to meet their needs. So...really don't worry about that type of thing.

Sounds like you did just fine though. :lol:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast