Work meetings

Old 01-20-2010, 07:55 AM

I don't work with the phone public, I administer a corporate telephone system with offices across the US. I've worked on traditional telephone systems and we're now on a VoIP (Voice over IP), which is voice over the data network like Comcast Voice. Someone in our Washington DC office can pick up a phone, dial a 4 digit extension, and reach someone in our California office.

I install and configure telephones, voicemail, Call Centers, call accounting systems, telephone circuits, audio conferencing, etc.

I could never work on a phone myself, taking and making calls to customers. I am behind the scenes making sure the phones work for those who do.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I don't work with the phone public, I administer a corporate telephone system with offices across the US. I've worked on traditional telephone systems and we're now on a VoIP (Voice over IP), which is voice over the data network like Comcast Voice. Someone in our Washington DC office can pick up a phone, dial a 4 digit extension, and reach someone in our California office.

I install and configure telephones, voicemail, Call Centers, call accounting systems, telephone circuits, audio conferencing, etc.

I could never work on a phone myself, taking and making calls to customers. I am behind the scenes making sure the phones work for those who do.

Sorry, I didn't mean to minimize your job responsibilities! I was only trying to say that .... oh, whatever. Again, sorry.

BTW - I know what all that stuff is. Good for you!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:51 AM

I didn't take offense. :) I often find that when I say I work on telephone systems that people think that I answer phones, work as a receptionist, or something of that nature. I usually have to explain that I work on the SYSTEMS, not the phone.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I didn't take offense. :) I often find that when I say I work on telephone systems that people think that I answer phones, work as a receptionist, or something of that nature. I usually have to explain that I work on the SYSTEMS, not the phone.
Oh, I understand! Am in the same situation myself, all too often.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:20 AM

Hope it all goes well!!!!!!!!!! I hate those type meetings also!