Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you get a quilt tattoo?

mmmmm.....no.

No thank you. I like my quilts on my beds not on my body.

I have 10 tattoos but most are hidden when my clothes are on. I love the art of them. The only one that shows when I am dressed is the one on my chest, which is for my children. It is Eeyore, Tinkerbell, and Piglet. But even that one can be covered if I choose. None of mine are quilt related, but it is a neat idea. As far as aging with them, they are all meaningful to me, and have fun with it. Age makes us saggy everywhere, a figure a saggy tattoo will just match everything else. LOL

No.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feliciava77
    I have 10 tattoos but most are hidden when my clothes are on. I love the art of them. The only one that shows when I am dressed is the one on my chest, which is for my children. It is Eeyore, Tinkerbell, and Piglet. But even that one can be covered if I choose. None of mine are quilt related, but it is a neat idea. As far as aging with them, they are all meaningful to me, and have fun with it. Age makes us saggy everywhere, a figure a saggy tattoo will just match everything else. LOL
    People get too hung up on what happens to the body naturally as people age. Generally, people get tattoos for a personal reason and it isn't necessarilly for others viewing. I personally don't care what me or my tattoo will look like when I am 80. And I certainly can't concern myself as to what others think of my saggy baggy body or tattoo. IMHO!

No tats for me. Getting my ears pierced is as far as I want to go altering my body.

I am a "blank canvas" right now (age 49), but plan on getting a quilt themed tatt when I win my first quilt show. Now all I have to do is enter, lol.

Also, someone experienced with tattoos recommended that you can draw your design where you want it with a Sharpie. If you're tired of looking at it after a couple weeks, then it's not for you. Either change the design or ditch the idea all together.

Blog Entries
    At one time in the 70's I wanted a hummingbird on my big toe. Don't ask me why.... I didn't get it done.

Blog Entries
    NoNoNo-- If I want to see art I'll go to the museum - Theres no pain or worries that you could catch some horrible disease from used equipment or unsafe handling of the inks.

Quote Originally Posted by KSenn
    I wouldn't get a tatoo. But my husband got one of a quilt with a needle and thread and my name under it.
    That's so sweet. I wonder if my husband would do that.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast