Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Would you get a quilt tattoo? >

Would you get a quilt tattoo?

Would you get a quilt tattoo?

Old 08-12-2011, 04:52 PM

not I, Don't like the look of aged tatoos
Old 08-12-2011, 07:47 PM

Never!!! I have never seen one that didn't look ugly and "hard" to me.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:38 PM

No thanks.

My mom got her first one when she was 62 (on her boob, no less), then my daughter got one (not on her boob) when she turned 18. But they're not for me.

It is interesting to read the stories here behind the significance of everyone's particular tattoos, though.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 PM

No I would not get a tattoo...of any kind!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Not only NO but HELL No. I think tatoos are awful. I will never discrate my temple that the Lord has made. It is really starting to get back the way some people mark & defile their bodies. My DS"s BFF has a bunch of them. I just don't understand it.
I totally agree!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I think I would. I might get this one if I can be bothered one of these days. lol
Never would I get a tattoo of any kind, I have always thought any tattoo makes one look cheap male or female. But that is my own personal opinion. I personally do not believe in marking my body with such stuff, and the Bible I read states that we are not to mark our bodies with such. Not trying to stir up coments about my opinion, so this is not meant to offend anyone. I just have a right to my own beliefs and opinion. The thread was asking if we would tattoo out body and this is my answer.
To each their own, and for those who want to strictly their business and preference.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I think I would. I might get this one if I can be bothered one of these days. lol
God and life has scarred me enough! Why in the heck would I allow myself to disfigure me any further? When my life is finished I want St .Peter to know that it is me that is knocking at the pearly gates. I don't want to be mistaken for a cartoon character.
Your is the best coment yet and I definitely feel the same way!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:43 AM

As I drive around the country, I notice more tattoos in the lower economic ares. Yet tattoos are expensive. Is there any research on this? Do the more affluent have tats under cover of clothing for professional reasons? Are the lower economic individuals, the ones who can least afford the ornamentation, sporting their art to present a financial statement of "extra cash"? Or, perhaps they are below poverty level because they can't get respectable jobs with tattoos? In my early lifetime, tattoos were that of sailors and Marines, now it seems to be a fashion trend. What has changed?

About 10 years ago, I went to a wedding where all of the attendants had tattoos. The males had spiderwebs or or something on their necks. The maids & maidens had roses, hummingbirds, or some other colorful something on their shoulders or boobs. I later learned that the bride didn't want her parents to know that she had a tattoo on her breast, so everyone had a temporary "support" tattoo. The mother of the bride did not attend the reception because she was so turned off by the cheep look of what could have been an elegant affair. Last I heard, (several years ago) she would still not acknowledge her daughter for that stunt. Had the bride worn a higher cut gown, or covered her ornamentation with makeup, they may be on talking terms, but to have the entire wedding party deface themselves, was to this mother, an unpardonable sin.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:10 AM

No.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:48 AM
gus

Not Me