Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Would you get a quilt tattoo? >

Would you get a quilt tattoo?

Would you get a quilt tattoo?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:11 AM

I don't think I'd get a quilt tatto, but I would and am thinking of getting an ambigram tat with my late DH name and my name. My oldest DD got one on her wrist that says love and faith.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:15 AM

No tatoos.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:47 AM

To each his own. I never cared for tatoos.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 PM

I do not have any. I think I'd like a small one to honor my mother but my DH is totally against me getting one,so I won't. Both my grown kids have some. I've seen some really nice ones. I don't think people should be judged for having them (or for not having them).
Old 08-15-2011, 05:21 PM

I have one, and quite frankly I don't care what others think of it. It's mine, on my body, and those that disapprove I think less of them for that. What business is it of others what you do to your body.
Society had better adjust. The younger generation is pushing that envelope daily and too many people are hung up on external vs internal.

btw..I'm 54 and had it put over my right top shoulder, if it sags....I've led a good life, let it sag baby...right along with the rest of me.

It's something I wanted and I didn't let others dictate what I could or couldn't do with my life.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:26 PM

Thumbs up to you.

Originally Posted by boysmomoflabs
I have one, and quite frankly I don't care what others think of it. It's mine, on my body, and those that disapprove I think less of them for that. What business is it of others what you do to your body.
Society had better adjust. The younger generation is pushing that envelope daily and too many people are hung up on external vs internal.

btw..I'm 54 and had it put over my right top shoulder, if it sags....I've led a good life, let it sag baby...right along with the rest of me.

It's something I wanted and I didn't let others dictate what I could or couldn't do with my life.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Wow, this thread certainly got WAY more responses than I thought it would get. I also never thought it would bring out such passionate opinions. I'm the only one in my family that has tattoos (I have 2). I have always been the black sheep of my family (HA!) but I march to the beat of a different drummer and my family has accepted me the way I am, tattoos and all. I guess I'm lucky in that no matter what I do, they still love me. Thank you everyone for your replies! It was very interesting to read all these responses. :D
Everyone has their own opinions about tattoos. My mom didn't want me to get a tattoo(and NOBODY in my family had them), but the minute I turned 18, I went out and got a huge tribal tattoo on my leg...then a couple more. My family still loves me for who I am. :) I am 32 right now and I still don't regret having them. My sewing machine doesn't mind them either. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-17-2011, 05:54 PM

Heck no, my brother got hepatitis from getting a tattoo. Granted it was years ago when they were not as careful as they are today but still. After 20 or so years it contributed to him having a liver transplant, so no, I will not be getting any tattoos.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:13 AM

Never, never, any tattoo.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:06 PM

I love it, but I'm a big BABY when it comes to pain