Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zithromax

Power Poster

Zithromax

On the news this morning there was a new warning for people with heart problems. It said the antibiotic Zithromax has been shown to double the risk of a heart attack for people with heart problems. This powerful antibiotic is used mostly for bronchitis and related ailments. I thought I would pass this along in case you missed it.

Blog Entries
    thanks, i'd not heard of it though.

I had a severe allergic reaction to the stuff. You might know it as Z-Pak. It's a five day course of antibiotics. Huge pills!

Thank goodness I am allergic to all the -mycin drugs. I also have a heart arhythmia!

We heard that today and they said it is used for sinus infections too. I think that is what I took it for 10-14 years ago. Nice (sneer) of them to find out after it has been out for so long.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

All drugs have the potential to do some harm to the body, that is why I stick with herbal products when I can. They have been around for a long time.
    Let God be your quilt and wrap you in His loving care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    On the news this morning there was a new warning for people with heart problems. It said the antibiotic Zithromax has been shown to double the risk of a heart attack for people with heart problems. This powerful antibiotic is used mostly for bronchitis and related ailments. I thought I would pass this along in case you missed it.
    Yep, I heard it from Brian Williams & in my world, if Bri Wi says it, it's the gospel! Good thing I'm allergic!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    I used it before (about 3 times) and thank the Lord, I didn't have a problem. I won't use it again though, now that I know. I'm allergic to all kinds of medication, foods, molds, etc etc

Vickey S.
    "Greater is He that is in me, then he that is in the world"

www.dollsforverysickkids.com

Blog Entries
    It's one of the few meds I'm not allergic to. I take it for complications from allergies when I let them go too far before going to the doctor.
    TwandasMom

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain deb View Post
    All drugs have the potential to do some harm to the body, that is why I stick with herbal products when I can. They have been around for a long time.
    Some 'natural' things are extremely toxic, too.

Isn't is strange/amazing that some things that are very toxic, can also be healing (or at least, palliative) in certain circumstances?

I wish I knew more about what plants are good for what. I bought a couple of books that I thought might be educational, but there is no substitute for seeing the plants and having a mentor/tutor to teach one about them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast