Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Alaskan Girl.. Hello All

Red face Another Alaskan Girl.. Hello All

I loved coming into this introduce yourself part and seeing another person from Alaska. I have lived in this state off and on since 1998 and I absolutely love it. I currently live on Kodiak Island with my wonderful family. I dabbled in quilting about 20 years ago; I started on my first quilt and received lessons from a very wonderful friend in New York. After I joined the Military it did get put into a box and pretty much moved along with me until last year. I finally spoke with a local gal and asked her if she could quilt (this Hot Mess of a quilt that obviously had one too many types of fabrics they should have not gone together). She told me to fix a few things and yes she would do it for me. When I got this quilt back it stayed in the bag for about another year. Motherís day of the same year I left to visit family and they decided to give me a craft room and this is when my love again for sewing turned around.

January of 2014 I took it upon myself to make a goal for myself so I didnít feel like this room my children really wanted to give me didnít go to waste. The goal was to finish EVERY project I started from the last 20 years no excuses. Well I am well on my way because I finished a large quilt for my husbandís mother (started 3 years ago), My 20 Year old quilt did get its binding and is currently on my bed , and have finished several others I started and finished. I am addicted to quilting and giving them to my family that my room is now to small so I need a larger one .

Sorry such a long story just excited to find this Quilting Board and meet such great people.

Welcome from Ohio!
    Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!

Welcome from Canada! Sounds like you came to the right place!

Hi and welcome from Fort Myers, FL

Welcome from Nevada.

Blog Entries
    a warm welcome from western Ky. used to live and teach quilting in Anchorage for 5 years, so beautiful up north!
    dare to dream

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Leaha I wished I lived in a place that taught classes living on the island makes it hard. But I'm always teaching myself and trying new things and excited to talk to people about it.

Welcome from Michigan!

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard The Board from Vermont and occasionally from Soldotna, Alaska!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast