Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Sunshine State !

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Barbara,
    I found this board about a month ago and I am totally addicted.
    You all are such an inspiration and soooo talented. I love how everyone is so supportive and encouraging of one another. Everyone is so willing to share their wealth of knowlegde, whether it be on how to do a project, how to find something, help in making choices and you even get Happy Birthday wishes on your birthday.
    I am married and have 4 grown daughters and 7 grandchildren.
    I am just a beginning quilter I have made some simple small throws and table runners, but I want to do more. I am definitely a fabriholic. I LOVE the feel of good cotton fabric.
    I am getting ready to driveup to one of my Best Friends home in Ontario, Wisconsin, she has a beautiful sewing room that is enormous, I am going to spend several weeks there quiltling. I have been gathering all the supplies for my projects and I am just about packed. I plan on taking 3 days to get there and I have been looking up Quilt shops along my way from FL to WI. that are close to the interstate. I am taking a laptop with an air card so I can get my daily QB fix, I hope anyway, it is very rural and it is hard to get a cell signal. I am so happy I found this Board. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Hello and Welcome from Northern Indiana ! Glad you joined us :lol:

Not sure what route you are taking , but if you are anywhere near Shipshewanna Indiana , definitely worth the stop :wink: Its an Amish area that has a couple GREAT quilt store :mrgreen:

Have a safe trip and keep us posted, hope you get lots of quilting done while you are visiting with your friend

Blog Entries
    welcome from KY! Have a safe trip !! I would think coming through Tenn. there would be quilt shops, but I am not familair with any. You should have a good time visiting and sewing with your friend. Sounds like a nice vacation.

Thank you. I am going up I75 through Atlanta then to Chattanooga, to Nashville, to Paducah, into Il past Bloomington and up through Rockford IL ( Quilter's General Store..great store) then on to Madison WI then I am off the interstate not to far after that and onto smaller roads until my destination. I am not through In this time, but I would love to go on another trip

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Washington state. Glad you joined us. Have a safe trip. Sounds like a wonderful vacation.

Hi There all the way from the UK here.
    I agree with you this webiste is great to learn new ideas and so many friendly people on here it simply makes my day

Welcome!

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you here.

Welcome from North Florida!

Welcome from Ireland.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast