Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm kate2 and I am new to this message board and also very new to quilting

I live in Lenoir,North Carolina it is in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains
    I didn't really know how to get on the board,I hope this is alright.I have so many questions,I don't know where to start.I hope some of you will just send in information that will help me.one thing I would like to know is how is the easest way to get a 1/4" measurement.In the books I've been reading talks alot about this. Thank you for your help

kate2

Hi, and welcome from Southern California. There is lots to be learned here. If you go up to the search area and type in a basic topic, you will find lots of threads that explain most everything. As for the 1/4" - do you mean when you sew things together? For my machine, (which is all metric) I measured from the needle point and put a piece of painters tape on my machine at the 1/4" mark.

I did the same as Marjpf. I used moleskin that you buy in the pharmacy dept to mark it though. I've found the raise to it helps me stay in line better than tape.

Quote Originally Posted by MNQuilter
    I did the same as Marjpf. I used moleskin that you buy in the pharmacy dept to mark it though. I've found the raise to it helps me stay in line better than tape.
    Moleskin is a great idea! I think I'll chnage mine.

welcome to the board from montana

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the message board! Pull up a chair, and look though all the pictures and links! Don't be afraid to ask questions either, someone is always here to help! a wonderful group of women here!

Welcome from snowy Western PA. You came to the right place to ask lots of questions.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Welcome from Australia!

Dix
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kate2
    I didn't really know how to get on the board,I hope this is alright.I have so many questions,I don't know where to start.I hope some of you will just send in information that will help me.one thing I would like to know is how is the easest way to get a 1/4" measurement.In the books I've been reading talks alot about this. Thank you for your help

Buy a 1/4 inch foot for your machine. You won't be sorry, it will be money well spent. Enjoy your quilting and welcome to the board.

kate2

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast