Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Also new quilter and here also

Looking for long arm, any suggestions? Looking at Gammill & Tin Lizzie. any suggestions would be very helpful. Not even sure what to look for yet. Only made one baby quilt. YBR

Banned
    Welcome from WA :D

Blog Entries
    Can't help with the machine, but I can say " Hi and Welcome" from Northern Indiana ! Someone else will pop in and help you out :wink:
    Love this group....
    Sharon

Welcome, from Michigan. How much money were you expecting to pay for a long arm? They can get a bit pricey, especially the computerized ones. They can range in price for a no frills used one from a few thousand up to over thrity thousand dollars for a new Gammill Statler Stitcher.

Welcome from Southern California. I don't have a long-arm, it is on the list for some day..... there are many long-armers here. They will have great suggestions. one of them that I have seen from them is try out several different kinds. Pick your price range and if you can go to a quilt show where they have different kinds and try them out. Find one that feels right for you.

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Welcome from W.v

Blog Entries
    A big welcome from Ireland, I don't have a long arm (I only aspire to one), but someone here will jump in and help you.

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us.

Quote Originally Posted by baskets
    Looking for long arm, any suggestions? Looking at Gammill & Tin Lizzie. any suggestions would be very helpful. Not even sure what to look for yet. Only made one baby quilt. YBR
    baskets there is so many choices out there and I've been watching all of them for a couple of years reading endless posts, etc. on them. There are yahoo groups that deal only w/quilting machines. I've learned much on them from there from their personal opinions. There are a big differences in many of them too. What state are you from?Maybe we can point the way for you..Skeat

Welcome from S. Arizona.

I am from Illinois. 60 miles west of Chicago. I have looked at Viking, Tin Lizzie, & Gammill. Really liked the Gammill. The 30" was 16,800 I believe without the Statler of course, the Tin Lizzie 26" is 13,500 without Shirley stitcher. Gammill had a few more functions that were standard. They also have 30 years behind them. I was surprised that the Tin Lizzie was that close to price of Gammill.

Could you point me in direction of the yahoo groups?

Quote Originally Posted by baskets
    Could you point me in direction of the yahoo groups?
    Here's a good group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homequ...guid=177337946

Depending on what you are exactly wanting to do w/your system would depend on what you would buy. There are some sites more direct w/the exact name on these systems on the club sites. Check it out:)Skeat

Welcome from Missouri. I do mostly hand quilting, and have just ventured into FMQ on my Janome.