Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
hi from Legal Alberta >

hi from Legal Alberta

hi from Legal Alberta

Old 09-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

I have been reading the newsletter for a bit and decided to join in. I am fairly new to quilting. I started with the Wildlife Quilt pattern I got free from Wal-Mart, Oct last year. I then proceded to do one for each of my kids and have been at it ever since. I am having a lot of fun. I also have an embroidery machine or two that I have used in most of the quilts that I have done. I just moved to the country and hope to have lots of time to spend on my new passion.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:17 AM

Welcome to the Quilting Board cutebuns! You've just joined in one of the friendliest places online - well, it's filled with quilters, how could it be anything else? LOL Be sure to share pictures of your quilts - one of our favorite things to do here is "oooohhhh & aaahhhhh!!!!!" :wink:
Old 09-04-2007, 07:17 AM

Morning Cutebuns,
I'm going to be real quiet about that name you have. I'm sure you know there are lots of things running through this old lady's mind about it though so just give us the story on it. OK? :)

Welcome to the most addicting group on the internet. We love to share here, tips, talk, and patterns. We're doing Blocks Of the Month since March, a new thing for us. We do them bimonthly, some of us. It's surely not required but I have had so much fun and learned so much in doing them. Take a look at the pictures of some of these gals and guys work.......it's AWESOME.

Welcome again, come to chat some moring, M W, or F at 10 AM Eastern time and let me know why you call it Legal A. Sure hope you didn't move to a farm or you'll have way less time to quilt.

Happy Quilting!
Sharon
Old 09-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

Legal is the name of the city I just moved outside of. We are close To Edmonton. We just have a few acres, nothing much. Enough for me to stretch my legs. We have 3 kids, 3 dogs, 5 cats, birds and fish. The cute buns thing is a thing from my past. My mom took notice first that I have a big swing in my back yard as soon as I started walking. An uncle started by calling me Ms McGavins because of my cute round buns. It later got shortened to Buns. I have a t-shirt with it on that I was given as a teenager. My husband added the cute to it. It seems to work for a screen name. I am going to look for some pics. This is a new computer so all that is on storage disks. Though I don't have a picture of the fist ones I did as I still have them. I seem to be prolific at doing quilts though. Since the ones for my kids I have done 2 king size, 5 lap top, 1 twin, 1 baby quilt and a couple of small wall hangings.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:10 AM

Well Hey there Cute Buns! Just gotta love it when the best guys in your life agree. Now you legal in Legal, and here with us! Great choice by the way. Glad you joined in...Cant wait to see your pictures.....we love to look at everyones work. Welcome ,Welcome!! :D
Old 09-04-2007, 05:00 PM

Hi, nice to meet you, thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering if there was an illegal Alberta :lol: , don't take any notice of me, I'm from New Zealand so wouldn't have a clue about place names. Welcome to the board and have fun. Will look forward to seeing your pics, we all love to see other peoples work :P .
Old 09-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

It isn't pronounced that way. It is a french town from way back. My dad likes to joke with the kids and pronounce it that way. There is an accent above the e to make it sound different. It is a small town that has a car dealership, a small grocery store, 1 restaurant and 2 liqour stores. the gas station is out of town on a highway.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Power Poster

found some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-55378.jpe  
Old 09-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Power Poster

here is another
Attached Thumbnails attachment-55416.jpe  
Old 09-04-2007, 08:15 PM
lin

Welcome cutebuns! Love the name. :lol: And I really like both of the quilts you posted. Thanks for sharing. You do really good work. That "shirt" quilt is really a cute idea. We're glad you've joined us. :)