Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi

Hi, just wanted to introduce my self. I am a new quilter and I am already ready to throw in the towel. Anyway I will talk about that later.
    I'm Kim, I am from Missouri. I have 3 kid's that all grown and on their own. I have one grandaughter. My grandson is due in Jan. and I am wanting to make him a quilt.
    I have embroidered all my kid's and my grandaughter's quilt but wanted to start quilting for my grandson.
    Wanted to know from everyones experience, what is the easiest way to go. Paper piecing, or what? I am having a hard time with the paper piecing. Please help.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Virginia

Power Poster
    Hi from Ohio! I don't pp either. Have you seen this site?

http://quilting.about.com/

Check it out, it has patterns and blocks, quick and easy.
    Don't throw in the towel, just take a break.

Hi from NewYork Don't give up!!!!!! You'll find lots of support here. Maybe you should start with sonething simple like a nine patch pattern.

Welcome from southeast PA!

Hello and welcome from Texas!

Waving from Arkansas! Don't quit...you've barely started. I wouldn't try paper piecing as a first project. Find a pattern that fits your skills. Stick with it, you'll be so glad you did.

Personally speaking, I don't think I would recommend paper piecing to a new quilter. I think an easy pattern would be best, there are tons of easy patterns out there. Paper piecing is one of those methods I think, that you either love it or hate it. I love it, but it's not for everyone.

Welcome, so glad you joined us. Personally speaking, I don't think I would recommend paper piecing to a new quilter. I think an easy pattern would be best, there are tons of easy patterns out there. Paper piecing is one of those methods I think, that you either love it or hate it. I love it, but it's not for everyone. If you'll tell us what you're having problems with, I'm sure you'll get lots of help on fixing the problems, also pictures would probably help along with the description of the problems. Please don't give up yet.

Banned
    Hi and welcome from New Hampshire
    Paper piecing is not the easiest way to start.
    The very first baby quilt I made: I found a baby-friendly print with lots of color, cut 8" squares, alternated with 9-patch blocks (pieces cut 3" squares) using colours from the main fabric. I had 35 blocks, set 5X7 because I like baby quilts to last into toddler years.
    Good Luck, don't give up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast