Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Howdy!

I am from West Texas and love fabric! I aspire to be a quilter!!! I was recently RIFFED and took it very badly after 12 years with the company now that I am finally "healing" I find that for the first time in a long time I am having time to do what I have longed to do for a very long time!!! I have dusted off my machines and plan to finally work on my projects.

I have a "needy" husband and 2 dogs that think they are more important than my fun :-) I am waiting on software so I can begin the Dear Jane quilt. Are any of you working on one? I am also "hand quilting" a cheaters quilt in order to learn how to hand quilt. I am amazed that we all use our machines and I don't see much hand quilting done any more. In searching the web "quilting" always points me to "piecing" and the quilting seems to be glossed over. Anyway, when I was growing up all my grandmothers and mom and relatives, everybody, made tortillas. The supermarkets began making them and now no one makes them anymore. It's an art that died -- I remember my great-grandmother hand quilting when we went to visit her and that's how anyone that knew her remembered her. With practice I hope to develop to her skill level.

Of course, I plan to learn how to machine quilt as well!!! I have tons of plans and just hope that I will have the time and energy to complete the most important ones!!!

Regards, and I look forward to chatting with all of you.

eliza

Hi Eliza and welcome to the board! I'm sure you'll find it very helpful and friendly here. I'm sure you'll even learn quite a bit here. If you have any questions, comments or pictures...feel free to post them! WELCOME! :)

eliza,welcome to the board. i make real tortillas here at home for my family. but i've never hand quilted. all ways used my machine to quilt my quilts down.

Welcome aboard.

Howdy back to you, Eliza! :lol: Welcome to the board! You will love it here! Everyone is Soooooo supportive and nice. :) :) :)
    MiMiDeeDee

bj
    Hi Eliza. Welcome from the South Plains. There a few of us on here from Texas.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Eliza! I think that you might find that a lot of us hand AND machine quilt. I hand quilted my 1st quilt and have hand quilted a couple more since then..( I just started to learn to quilt in 06). I like doing it both ways...some designs seem to just call for hand and some just tell me they want to be machine quilted. Both ways are fun

What is a Dear Jane quilt? Can you tell I'm still a newbie?

where the navy sends us, for now its Lansing MI
    welcome this is a great group

Hi Eliza,

Welcome! :) It's nice to meet you :)

Blog Entries
    Hi Welcome Aboard. Everyone is friendly and helpful here. :) See ya around sometime.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast