Howdy!

Old 05-10-2008, 10:44 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome I have received!!! I look forward to chatting with you all on the various aspects of quilting and other topics that encompass our lives!!! I am happy to say that last week I was able to attend a 1 1/2 day workshop with Didi McElroy of "That Perfect Stitch" and Roxanne Thimble!!! I gained a lot of knowledge and confidence!!! Half day was devouted to hand quilting and the full-day to hand applique!!! I like that when I use a machine, I can estimate when a project will be completed -- handquilting and applique is much slower but it does seem to journalize the seconds that I have to indulge myself in striving for that perfect stitch, however, I can't determine when a piece will be completed!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 02:11 PM

Welcome to the board! Glad you've joined us.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:55 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by DazzleMe!
Welcome Eliza! I too have just come from behind the curtain. Long ago I made two pillows all by hand. The piece work and the quilting. I found it so relaxing.
I moved to south coastal GA 20 years ago and when I moved here, there were no places where we could get any mexican food.............I had lot of friends that came from Texas and they taught me to make tortilla's from scratch. There is nothing like a warm fresh tortilla.
I have never made tortillas..are they hard to make? Would you be able to share your recipe as i would love to try them..
Old 05-11-2008, 12:30 PM

Mexican food is my favorite too!!! I should say "Tex-Mex" food as there is a distinct difference. I recently went to a tiny cafe that just opened and the cook told us he cooked "Norteneo" Mexican style. I have to say, I don't know the difference but he did a fabulous job of cooking each plate to order!!! My mom and I go out to eat on Wednesday when we break for quilting and I want to do is go to his place since it opened. As he gains popularity, he is getting busier and I hope that his quality will not suffer!!! He makes tiny little tortillas (by hand) and then wraps them around the filling -- be it meat or cheese ..... and makes his own chips from them as well!!! MMMMM -- just thinking about them makes me excited for Wednesday to come!!!