Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
I was lost but found my way here >

I was lost but found my way here

I was lost but found my way here

Old 08-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Hi my name is Janice If anyone asked me what I did I would say I was a quilter. But I feel lost the past 3 months. My daughter was the victim of a crime you can google Joyce Baresel rock thrower Cincinnati if you would like to read her story. Since this has happened to her the joy I got from quilting or anything for that matter has been lost. I want to get that excitement back. The feel and colors of the fabric. The decisions of what pattern to use. I came here to be inspired, the quilts posted are beautiful quilts. I want to get back in the swing of things our lives have been changed forever. I just don't know why but I can not pick up a needle or cut out fabric I am hoping by reading posts and seeing pictures I will get back part of my old life back even if it is just a little part and that would be through quilting. I hope this wasn't a downer introduction and that once I get quilting again you will enjoy me as a member and I will contribute to the forum.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Power Poster

Hi, Janice

Welcome - and I am so sorry your daughter was injured - I just said a prayer for her (and your) recovery

There seems no adequate explanation for those actions - - -
Old 08-31-2009, 11:07 PM

Welcome to the board. I am so sorry about your daughter. Sometimes all we can do is put one foot in front of the other and keep on going. There are so many inspiring quilters here, I'm sure just going through the pictures section will give you a welcome break.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:38 AM

Hi from Massachusetts, and welcome. So sorry about your DD will say prayers for your family. And you will get back to quilting it just takes time.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:42 AM

What a terrible thing to happen!

I think sometimes it's hard to do anything that will give you pleasure, when there's so much bad stuff happening. It's almost like we feel guilty for enjoying something, especially while your daughter is still suffering.
Quilting can be therapeutic though, like art... perhaps something for your daughter, to help her recovery, or something more abstract you can put your own feelings into, whether it's dark and angry, or whatever. Maybe a wall hanging to auction for charity, or to help your daughter. Or even if you make something that you'll put away and never look at again. You can put so much love into a quilt for someone, you can also get rid of a lot of bad feelings the same way, by putting them into fabric.

And Welcome to the board, there are some very inspirational men and women here, and there's always someone who knows exactly the right words to say. You won't meet a lovelier bunch of people anywhere.
((hugs))
Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 AM

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you found us. I'm so sorry about your daughter, I hope she will recover soon although it will probably be a long journey. I'm sure you'll be getting many words of wisdom to help you along, and if you need a shoulder to lean on or cry on, just let us know, we'll be there.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 AM

I am so sorry about your daughter! I have a 20yo and just cannot imagine the pain you are all going through. Sometimes I really worry about this world we live in. I'm a new quilter and to me there is nothing more soothing than to sit down and work on a quilt. I hope that you get the inspiration you need here!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to the board. I am glad you found us but sorry it was under such devastating circumstances. I am hopeful your DD has a complete recovery and I also hope you can find joy in quilting again.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:50 AM

OMG, your beautiful, lovely daughter....I'm soooo sorry to read that story. I wish her all the best in her recovery and hope they find the evil monsters who did that...

Now, welcome here!!! You will find a new family here, I promise you. We will support you, help you quilt, help you celebrate the ups and get through your downs. I've only been here for a few months and I feel like I have family all over the world.

Welcome, and start a page in the diary area so we can hear how you are getting on!!

Oh, and by the way, we want pix of your work!! Post a lot!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:54 AM
Banned

I just read about your daughter. Oh my gosh. That is so sad. I pray she'll be ok.. Welcome from Washington