Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need help with long-arm machine

I am still a new quilter starting in Oct. 2007. I purchased a Hinterberg long-arm machine a couple of weeks ago and I am totally perplexed!! I have watched the DVD over and over again, and I just keep breaking threads, or whatever, but I am not sucessful at all even on my practice material. I wondered if there is anyone in the Toledo OH area that could help me out with lessons or advise as to where to get lessons?
    jeanne kay

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Don't have one of those machines but maybe someone here does. Hope you find help :)

Sorry...I don't have your machine/set up either, but you might try the yahoo groups for quilting machines..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homequiltingsystems/

Oooh and how rude of me..

:: waving from Idaho :-)

It sounds like your tension is too tight, either the top or the bottom or both. Is your needle in the proper position? You could join the MQResource.com site. They are all longarm quilters with different machines. They can be very helpful, just like the girls here. Good luck and let me know if you get any help.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, there are only a handful of long arm quilters in the whole country here, so I can't help you, but welcome to the board from Ireland.

thanks for your suggestion of the MQResource site, I will definitely try that.

Hi and welcome from Ninnie in NC.

Welcome from Tucson, AZ.

Blog Entries

Hi Jeanne,

Do you have the Hinterberg frame and Voyager 17 setup? There is a yahoo group for hinterberg.

I have a that exact set up mentioned above and it sounds like either your tension it too tight, top, bottom or bother. Are you moving the machine too fast as opposed to the speed of the machine, causing the thread to break? Is your timing off, is your bobbin in the right way? Is your thread old? Maybe your thread and bobbin thread don't like each other. Are you using a spool or a cone of thread? If you are using a spool, do you have the spool in a horizontal position or upright position? If in an upright position, do you have the split end on the bottom? Is your needle in the right way? These are just a few ideas. Hope this helps to find the problem.

Sandi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast