My intro:

Old 09-15-2007, 01:19 PM

Hello, I am Lisa and I live in east Texas. New, very new to the message board scene, hence...very slow with it also. I am looking for a few new quilt friends from near and far. I have been quilting for about 20 years yet I have very few quilts to show for it. I have just now gotten my life situated to where I hope I can sew on a more regular basis. I have a great sewing room full of "goodies" and "gadgets" and material, just waiting for this time to come, where I can sew whenever I want. I mostly prefer traditional quilts but by using modern technology. To date I have always machine quilted but hope one day to do some hand quilting. I enjoy machine applique, I am not good at hand applique at all. I am getting excited and looking forward to the Houston Quilt show coming up soon, as that always motivates me (for awhile anyway! :lol: ).
Old 09-15-2007, 01:35 PM

Welcome Lisa, you'll find so much information and sharing friends here. I just love it here!

Glad you are able to join us!!

Sharon
Old 09-15-2007, 01:59 PM

welcome lisa this is a great place to find out about all kind of things.even quilting.i'll be there to, the george r brown i mean. it is very exciting.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:39 PM

Glad you joined in. Looking forward to seeing some of the sewing projects you come up with. There is sure a lot of inspiration & help on this quilting board.

Pam
Old 09-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

Hi Lisa, glad that you decided to join us here :D Be sure and let us know how the quilt show goes, we love to see pictures too, (hint hint) Please feel free to jump in with questions, comments and check out the chat schedule, too :D
Old 09-15-2007, 07:06 PM

Thanks Amma, I just posted a few pic's a moment ago. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:14 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I'm getting excited as each day goes by. I have already started my shopping list even tho I come home with alot more than what was on the list! I'm a gadget finantic! I am hoping to try and stay in control and mainly purchase some material for a few projects I have in mind. Hope you enjoy your trip also.