Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: one handed quilting??

two years ago, due to a massive stroke on the right side of my brain. left my left half of my body paralized. iwith literally two years of blood sweat and endless tears have regained every thing but the use of my left hand so,getting to my point prior to this i was an avid quilter. and i miss it has been a huge loss for me i really think that would be enormously benefical. to my recovery. not to mention to my s of well being. any helpful tips?

You will need help if you use a rotary cutter, Mabe get precuts? Since machines use 1 foot you will be OK there. I agree it will be good for you, and I admire your desire to try.
    Alicia

Welcome from Washington. :D You can do it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Welcome from Texas. Having RA there are times I can't hold a needle so I know how it feels to want to sew and can't. Will pray you find a way soon so you can do what you love.

Hello and welcome from the Arkansas Ozarks.
    Happy quilting.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    where there is a will, there is a way! My county extension club just had a program on all these new gadgets made to help people who have had strokes or accidents, with doing everyday things. It is amazing what all they showed us. I will have to find that info and see if there is something that can help you. I do know that you will have to set your machine up so that you have more space on the right hand side to put things, so you can grab them easier. I think you can do this...

Welcome from Oklahoma!

That's what so good about this group, someone will step up and give you the information you need! Hi and welcome from Kansas City!

I applaud your initiative to get back as much as possible! I hope someone here can help you with what you need! This is a wonderful and helpful place! I hope you can get back to sewing and quilting! Welcome to the site!

Welcome from New Zealand. I hope you find something or someone that can help you

np3
    Blog Entries
    Welcome from Central California!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast