Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Hunter's Mystery quilt

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    They are very tedious! <snooze> I hope I like this one. I'll post pics of my blocks soon. Almost done, pant, pant.
    Hang in there, girl - - you will get there! <wave>

;-)

Holy cow do these string block take forever. Of course I don't have many scraps, being fairly new to quilting, so I have to cut strips before I sew. I really do love the way they look though. I think this quilt is going to be great....and great big! Oh, and I ran out of neutrals so I went to Goodwill and bought some men's cotton shirts and twin sheets they had! This is so exciting.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/

Part 5 is out! <wave>

600 HST! Whoowee! Guess I'd better finish my string blocks and step 4 today. LOL. I know it's not a race, but I'm a woman with a mission;>

AAAAHHHHH-STILL have no idea where these parts are going! This is a GREAT mystery!!! 600 HST!!!-and she could have taken Christmas Eve off so we can catch up, don' t you think? Not everyone has bags of the RIGHT COLOR HSTs waiting to be used. I am NOT whinig-just incredulous at the number of blocks and randomness of it all so far.

Quote Originally Posted by omak
    http://quiltville.blogspot.com/

Part 5 is out! <wave>
    Okaaaay, thanks for the link. I printed it...don't know when I'll get to it...next year maybe? 600 is more than 60. lol. 8-)

Well I've got my work cut out for me!!! I've been on vacation so haven't even started step 3 and 4 much less 5! :shock:
    Good thing I have the week between Christmas and New Years off. DH is just going to have to fend for himself that week.. :lol: :lol:

I just discovered I already have more than enough brown triangles cut (for a never-got-stitched 1986 project) -- glad I had been concentrating on the strips first!
    Aaand...I finished cutting part 1 pgp strips, instead of just sewn together!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by omak
    I got Part 3, and I am not going to use paper - - I am going to use old, thin fabric and/or sheets.
    I won't have to rip out the paper once I have the squares covered <wave>
    You are correct, though - - this could take some time! <wave>
    Omak, one problem doing this is that your string pieced squares will be "thicker" than all the other half-squared triangles etc. that don't have that extra backing layer of fabric. I just did something very similar...and it doesn't work out well in the final product if you have some blocks double thickness and some blocks not..do you understand what I mean?
    I do mine with foundation fabric, but I do open the seams for these blocks when I put them together in the quilt. That seems to take care of the problem. I wonder what Friday will be. Inquiring minds want to know...

I'm done!! Yippee!!! Those actually went VERY fast. I had 20 done yesterday when I started and now, done.

I went with the gold, thanks to all for the input. So anxious to see the next step.

I have to say that I really fell in love with the black and white string blocks. Going to make my son in-law a quilt out of those, throwing in a punch of red here and there to keep it interesting. The strings are addicting!

Pictures posted: http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/2010/1...hsts-done.html

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast