Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Craftsy issues RJR Handspray >

Craftsy issues RJR Handspray

Craftsy issues RJR Handspray

Old 11-05-2016, 10:57 AM

Unhappy Craftsy issues RJR Handspray

Hey all,
I just wanted to send a note out letting folks know that there is a problem with the description for one of the fabrics that Craftsy is selling. I've purchased lots of fabric from them over the years and have always gotten exactly what they said they were selling at reasonable prices.

However, I just ordered some black fabric off their website that was listed as RJR Handspray 8.5 yard cut. What I received was black fabric but was definitely not RJR Handspray-- I compared selvedges with a scrap I had left over from one of my quilts and it's not even close. I've contacted Craftsy to let them know about the problem, but they are convinced that the fabric is RJR Handspray. I've sent them a photo showing the real black RJR Handspray which is a very different fabric with a white selvedge edge with Handspray by RJR Fabrics printed on it. I also sent them a photo of the fabric they sent (which has nothing printed on the black selvedge edge) so they could see the difference. I've asked them to change the description of the fabric they are selling since it should not be listed as RJR Handspray and am waiting to hear back from them.

Meanwhile, if like me, you have been looking for black RJR Handspray and finding that it is out of stock on all the usual on-line sellers, be aware that Craftsy doesn't have it either. If you order the 8.5 yard cut of RJR Handspray from their site thinking you are getting black RJR Handspray be aware that you are not going to get RJR Handspray, instead, you will receive a no-name black fabric that bears no resemblance to RJR Handspray.

I sure hope they get over their new web site launch problems soon

Rob
Old 11-05-2016, 11:24 AM

Thanks for the warning Rob. Like you, I have been very pleased with my fabric purchases from Craftsy.

ETA: opps forgot to add that I'm not very thrilled about their new website and can't wait for things to settle down there.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:46 PM

someone should notify rjr about the counterfeit fabric also...or see if it is their new offering of that product.....
Old 11-06-2016, 08:54 AM

I am also having problems with an order placed to Craftsy. I ordered a quilt kit and received 6 cuts of unrelated fabric. It has been nearly a month and this issue has not yet been resolved. My advice is, at least until wrinkles are ironed out of their new site, buyer beware!
Old 11-06-2016, 08:55 AM

I agree. I hope they get all of the problems worked out soon with their new site. I had so much trouble in the first week but now it isn't too bad. They still have some to work out though. Hopefully they check on your fabric & make it right. I'm sure they will. Good luck!
Old 11-07-2016, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
someone should notify rjr about the counterfeit fabric also...or see if it is their new offering of that product.....

I have sent photos of the fabric that Craftsy sent me to RJR along with a note about the problem. I sent a photo to Craftsy showing them what the real RJR Handspray looks like (fortunately I had a scrap with the printed RJR Handspray on the selvage left over from another project). The photo that I sent to both Craftsy and RJR shows the real Handspray scrap laying on top of the fabric that Craftsy sent me-- not even close, so I'm hoping that that will be enough to get Craftsy to correct their website listing for this particular fabric. It really is a no-name ho-hum dull colored black fabric that was woven out of black threads (with black selvages), unlike the RJR Handspray which is a wonderful rich almost sueded looking black that is printed on white fabric so the selvage edges are white.

I have resorted to logging a dispute with my credit card company since I can't get Craftsy to respond to my repeated requests for a refund and a shipping label so I can send the fabric back to them.

If Craftsy doesn't change their website description of this fabric based on my photos, then I'm hoping that RJR will convince them to. I'd hate to see another quilter order this thinking they were going to get RJR Handspray.

Rob
Old 11-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

I ordered several yards from MSQC. It is beautiful.