Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Janaome's are at wal-mart >

Janaome's are at wal-mart

Janaome's are at wal-mart

Old 09-07-2015, 05:43 PM

This thread is filled with way more 'negativity' than the harmless joke I posted. I guess some are allowed and some aren't.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:42 PM

I also bought the Brother SQ900 from Walmart several years ago and it's still going strong. It's my RV machine, take to class machine and I taught my granddaughters how to sew on it. It's been well used and it is lightweight, and I'v never had it serviced. Hum, maybe I should do that.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:33 PM

A very good example is the Brother Scan n Cut machine. WalMart, JoAnn's, Amazon and some other stores sell them for less than the Brother dealers sell them for. They are the exact same machine but the one at the Brother dealers has more built in designs and more bells and whistles. Speaking of, the new Scan n Cut2 comes out today. Some of the dealers have started selling them as of Wednesday when they received them.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:20 PM

I bought the new wireless scan and cut for less than $300 at HSN.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:45 AM

Last November I purchased a Janome "New Home" at WalMart for 299.99. I had researched this machine when I first saw it at WalMart. It had good reviews and was just the right fit for me. I have been very happy with it and it uses the same feet my vintage New Home uses plus it has the needle down and speed controls options that I really wanted in a machine. Janome made this machine specifically for WalMart. Both WalMarts near me each had a couple and after those sold I have not seen the machine again; nor have I seen any other Janomes at our WalMarts -- just Brothers and Singers.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:08 AM

The Singer repair shop fellow told me that the ones sold by chains like WalMart are really not the same ...that they are more of the "disposable" type.. use it till it quits, and then toss it......he says that a lot of them are almost not repairable..............there has to be some reason for them being so much cheaper, right? I don't know....just passing on what he told me
Old 09-08-2015, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by gale View Post
I bought the new wireless scan and cut for less than $300 at HSN.
Home Shopping Network is debuting the Scan n Cut this morning at 10:00 for the first time....have my DVR set to record it. The dealers just received them last week. I am friends with a Brother dealer and they received theirs last Tuesday. The dealers sell the model with the most designs and bells and whistles. The lower ones are the same machine but with less designs, extras, etc.

Last edited by PghPat; 09-08-2015 at 04:15 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 09-08-2015, 04:04 AM

That's interesting. I've heard that Walmart offers manufacturers so much money for an item, and the manuf makes it for that $ amount. That in my mind, doesn't mean the manuf will make it with cheap parts, but would be interesting to know what the real story is.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:11 AM

Mickey's in Painted Post, NY is closing or has closed, which was a Janome dealer. A friend of mine had purchased her Janome at Mickey's. Is there another Janome dealer near, other than Mickey's ?
Old 09-08-2015, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
Home Shopping Network is debuting the Scan n Cut this morning at 10:00 for the first time....have my DVR set to record it. The dealers just received them last week. I am friends with a Brother dealer and they received theirs last Tuesday. The dealers sell the model with the most designs and bells and whistles. The lower ones are the same machine but with less designs, extras, etc.
I recorded it but haven't watched yet. I bought the machine sunday night right after they put it on their website. Same price and free shipping. They usually put items online a day or two before they're on the show (which some people don't like-they sell out quicker that way). I tried the original scan n cut but it didn't fussy cut accurately. At the time there were few resources on the web for it. Now there are tutorials for calibrating, etc so hopefully this one will work out better for me. Mainly I want it for paper crafting but if it might get me doing some more applique.