Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Janaome's are at wal-mart >

Janaome's are at wal-mart

Janaome's are at wal-mart

Old 09-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

A very successful quilt shop that has been in business for decades in my area and going strong all because the owner never puts down any one for buying a machine at any store. They are treated like they bought the most expensive machine she sells. She gives lessons for any machine for a min fee if not bought from her. She is thrilled when someone buys a new machine, no matter where it's bought. Her repairman will do what he can to fix most any machine. She says every machine Walmart sells helps her business too. Most will want a newer machine that will do more after a while and will buy from her.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
A very successful quilt shop that has been in business for decades in my area and going strong all because the owner never puts down any one for buying a machine at any store. They are treated like they bought the most expensive machine she sells. She gives lessons for any machine for a min fee if not bought from her. She is thrilled when someone buys a new machine, no matter where it's bought. Her repairman will do what he can to fix most any machine. She says every machine Walmart sells helps her business too. Most will want a newer machine that will do more after a while and will buy from her.
WOW - we need more quilt shops like that. Tell us where she is - I'm sure anyone in a nearby area would love doing business with her.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by gale View Post
I recorded it but haven't watched yet. I bought the machine sunday night right after they put it on their website. Same price and free shipping. They usually put items online a day or two before they're on the show (which some people don't like-they sell out quicker that way). I tried the original scan n cut but it didn't fussy cut accurately. At the time there were few resources on the web for it. Now there are tutorials for calibrating, etc so hopefully this one will work out better for me. Mainly I want it for paper crafting but if it might get me doing some more applique.
I recorded it too and couldn't wait to get home to watch it. I rarely watch HSN - actually don't watch much TV at all - I'd rather watch that needle going up and down - LOL. I was very disappointed - not in the Scan n Cut - but in the program. Both women were trying to talk at once - they kept jumping from one thing to another without finishing each thing and it kept skipping to different products for sale - nothing to do with Scan n Cut. As far as the machine goes I think it is going to be great. I have been just dying to get one since two of my friends got one over the summer. My problem is that I am a snow bird and will be heading back to Florida at the end of the month and I thought I'd prefer to wait and buy it from a Brother quilt shop near me - I'm there 7 1/2 months. I called the shop and they do classes on them and also give anyone that purchases one a 15% discount on all accessories. They will also help you with your machine purchased from them any time at all as long as you have the machine. Now I am SO thrilled that I did wait or I wouldn't be getting the new Scan n Cut2. I want it totally for appliquéing. Who knows maybe I'll get into creating greeting cards - I used to do that years ago. I would love to hear how you like yours after you get a chance to work with it. You could PM me. Pat
Old 09-17-2015, 11:38 AM

thanks for the links and info! that's great!
Old 09-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
A wonderful attitude - I would consider buying from a dealer like her -
and would NOT NOT NOT buy from someone that acted condescending about the machines I have.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:10 PM

I'm not sure I see your dealer's rationale behind not giving lessons or repairing Janomes bought in her store. That's revenue she is giving up . I can see why dealers wouldn't take trades on machines they didn't sell, though. They can't stand behind someone else's machine. But not to give lessons or repair others? Why not?

Originally Posted by zennia View Post
My janome dealer will only give lessons and repair machines bought at her store. We have a place other then her to get them cleaned and repaired but what about lessons if you buy it at Wal-Mart? I would not be afraid of buying it at Wal-mart. I wish I had known Sears sold Janome before I spent twice as many $$$ buying from a dealer.
I don't believe Janome would make a "cheaper" machine to sell at wal-mart. That would be bad for their reputation/name brand.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:39 PM

When someone asks board members for advise on purchasing a machine, nine times out of ten, board members suggest that the "buyer" try out the machine before they make a decision. Can you do this at Wal Mart or does the low price make it less of an issue?