Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mystery quilt

Ooh, I want to do it. But when does it start? I have two more quilts to make before Christmas. Plus a bunch of other stuff. I have a huge stash I would love to use some of it up.

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    I have just come from her site (and an amAzing site it is!), and felt excited reading about her mystery quilt... except that it falls at a time of year that is my Very busiest - holidays, family, travel, and my own christmas projects. However, there's no reason I couldn't start this in January, now is there. :-D

Her blog says the directions will be up until July, so you can print them out and finish it at a more convenient time(after the holidays?) It does seem like a difficult time of year to start a big busy project but I really want to try. And if I get behind, can catch up in January. The directions are supposed to start Nov 19 and the next step about every week for 5-6 weeks.
    I love her way of using men's shirts for scrappy quilts. I have collected quite a few from thrift stores, and plan to use them for much of this mystery. May change the colorway a bit to accomodate what I have. I am very excited about this one.

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up! I like Bonnie's patterns, and hope to save the instructions as they become available. Then, when I get a couple other projects finished, I can start this.

hmm 'might be interesting

Sadiemae: I have never done a mystery quilt, I am going to try, I have alot of fabric, I can share with you. this first mystery quilt. Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    I would love to, but it calls for more colors than I have and I don't have money to buy any.
    the cool thing about her quilts are, they aren't about color so much as value, and what you have on hand.
    It says 12-15 different fabrics of 3 different colors. I don't have that much fabric on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by vbourck
    Bonnie Hunter has just posted the "yardage requirements"(she just uses up scraps) for a new mystery quilt. I have not done one of hers yet, but am thinking I might try this one. Anyone else up for this challenge?

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2010/...l-yardage.html
    I am going to do this mystery. I have lots of scrapes that I have NO idea what to do with!

Ok I've never done a mystery online so do I sign up so I don't miss the clues or what? If not how do I get the clues? And is her stuff easy or hard? I've quilted quite a bit but still not good with hard stuff. Sorry for all the questions but it sounds like fun and I don't want to miss a step. Hope I can get my hands on some fabric. I don't have a big stash or money so I'll have to get very creative to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugtavernquilter
    Hope I can get my hands on some fabric. I don't have a big stash or money so I'll have to get very creative to do this.
    Bonnie Hunter is very creative in using recycles - she advocates going to the thrift stores to check for cotton shirts, etc., that would be good in quilts. I think I saw on her website how to cut a man's shirt to get the most fabric for use in quilts. You might check out her site for ideas on where to find fabrics.
    The website address:
    http://www.quiltville.com/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast