Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Craftsy Caution (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/craftsy-caution-t210799.html)

Quiltngolfer 01-12-2013 02:53 PM

Craftsy Caution

Prices on my iPad Craftsy app are mostly regular prices. When I google Craftsy, the prices are all $14.99. I'm glad I didn't buy from the app!

Peckish 01-12-2013 02:58 PM

So, I take it the prices via the app are higher? Not sure what you meant by "regular" prices.

Quiltngolfer 01-12-2013 03:03 PM

$19.99, $29.99, $39.99 were prices on the app. Sorry for the confusion.

dunster 01-12-2013 03:22 PM

I'm still confused. Craftsy classes are all different prices, like on your app. Occasionally some are on sale, but they're not all $14.99 now.

callen 01-13-2013 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer (Post 5781499)
$19.99, $29.99, $39.99 were prices on the app. Sorry for the confusion.

I too, have found this same problem. On their site they list classes at $29.99 & up. When I go on a different site (on the same computer), an ad will pop up with classes at $19.99 (for ALL of their classes, or even lower). Magazines do the same - craftsy advertises on their site for a certain price & in the magazine they will have an ad listing lower prices. Now, Craftsy has been very good at adjusting the price when I have emailed them. But, buyer beware - lower prices are out there - you just have to find them. I don't believe that is good PR, everyone should be listing the same price for classes. Hopefully if people make their concerns known to Craftsy, they will fix this in the near future.

ontheriver 01-13-2013 06:21 AM

I have never used crafty but will be aware if I ever do, thanks for information. I can't see paying for something like this when so many free tutorials are out there.

willferg 01-13-2013 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver (Post 5782718)
I have never used crafty but will be aware if I ever do, thanks for information. I can't see paying for something like this when so many free tutorials are out there.

I feel the same way. I think it's great for people who get what they want and are willing to pay for, from Craftsy, but for me there is plenty of free stuff to choose from...even on Craftsy!

lclang 01-13-2013 08:15 AM

I have just been charged for three Craftsy classes that I didn't order, didn't view, and although I notified them and they were courteous about my complaint, after about three weeks there still hasn't been any resolution, so I called the Discover card people and they are looking into it and told me that it was shown as a "recurring charge", which I suppose means that they will charge me every month....so watch your credit card charges. I did take one of their early classes but haven't seen any since that I wanted to take, and after this experience I don't think I will be taking any more of their classes. It's probably a glitch of some kind but makes me wary.

nstitches4u 01-13-2013 01:05 PM

It depends on which part of the site you are on. Sometimes they have specials advertised in the quilting magazines that are available if you use the link posted there. If you go to the regular class menu, the regular prices will be charged.

damaquilts 01-13-2013 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by lclang (Post 5783037)
I have just been charged for three Craftsy classes that I didn't order, didn't view, and although I notified them and they were courteous about my complaint, after about three weeks there still hasn't been any resolution, so I called the Discover card people and they are looking into it and told me that it was shown as a "recurring charge", which I suppose means that they will charge me every month....so watch your credit card charges. I did take one of their early classes but haven't seen any since that I wanted to take, and after this experience I don't think I will be taking any more of their classes. It's probably a glitch of some kind but makes me wary.

I sure hope they don't do that to me. I signed up for my first Crafty class last month. As close as I run my checkbook they would have things bouncing all over the place. Especially after the first week of the month.