Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Craftsy Caution >

Craftsy Caution

Craftsy Caution

Old 01-12-2013, 02:53 PM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Quiltngolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,422
Default Craftsy Caution

Prices on my iPad Craftsy app are mostly regular prices. When I google Craftsy, the prices are all $14.99. I'm glad I didn't buy from the app!
Quiltngolfer is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 02:58 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,846
Default

So, I take it the prices via the app are higher? Not sure what you meant by "regular" prices.
Peckish is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 03:03 PM
  #3  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Quiltngolfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,422
Default

$19.99, $29.99, $39.99 were prices on the app. Sorry for the confusion.
Quiltngolfer is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 PM
  #4  
Power Poster
 
dunster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA
Posts: 14,252
Default

I'm still confused. Craftsy classes are all different prices, like on your app. Occasionally some are on sale, but they're not all $14.99 now.
dunster is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 05:36 AM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Timmins, Ont. Canada
Posts: 4,683
Default

Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer View Post
$19.99, $29.99, $39.99 were prices on the app. Sorry for the confusion.
I too, have found this same problem. On their site they list classes at $29.99 & up. When I go on a different site (on the same computer), an ad will pop up with classes at $19.99 (for ALL of their classes, or even lower). Magazines do the same - craftsy advertises on their site for a certain price & in the magazine they will have an ad listing lower prices. Now, Craftsy has been very good at adjusting the price when I have emailed them. But, buyer beware - lower prices are out there - you just have to find them. I don't believe that is good PR, everyone should be listing the same price for classes. Hopefully if people make their concerns known to Craftsy, they will fix this in the near future.
callen is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 06:21 AM
  #6  
Super Member
 
ontheriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Selma Alabama
Posts: 3,627
Default

I have never used crafty but will be aware if I ever do, thanks for information. I can't see paying for something like this when so many free tutorials are out there.
ontheriver is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 AM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern California, Sonoma Co.
Posts: 2,810
Default

Originally Posted by ontheriver View Post
I have never used crafty but will be aware if I ever do, thanks for information. I can't see paying for something like this when so many free tutorials are out there.
I feel the same way. I think it's great for people who get what they want and are willing to pay for, from Craftsy, but for me there is plenty of free stuff to choose from...even on Craftsy!
willferg is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 AM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,061
Default

I have just been charged for three Craftsy classes that I didn't order, didn't view, and although I notified them and they were courteous about my complaint, after about three weeks there still hasn't been any resolution, so I called the Discover card people and they are looking into it and told me that it was shown as a "recurring charge", which I suppose means that they will charge me every month....so watch your credit card charges. I did take one of their early classes but haven't seen any since that I wanted to take, and after this experience I don't think I will be taking any more of their classes. It's probably a glitch of some kind but makes me wary.
lclang is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:05 PM
  #9  
Super Member
 
nstitches4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Independence, MO
Posts: 3,560
Default

It depends on which part of the site you are on. Sometimes they have specials advertised in the quilting magazines that are available if you use the link posted there. If you go to the regular class menu, the regular prices will be charged.
nstitches4u is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 02:01 PM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Barnesville GA
Posts: 3,181
Default

Originally Posted by lclang View Post
I have just been charged for three Craftsy classes that I didn't order, didn't view, and although I notified them and they were courteous about my complaint, after about three weeks there still hasn't been any resolution, so I called the Discover card people and they are looking into it and told me that it was shown as a "recurring charge", which I suppose means that they will charge me every month....so watch your credit card charges. I did take one of their early classes but haven't seen any since that I wanted to take, and after this experience I don't think I will be taking any more of their classes. It's probably a glitch of some kind but makes me wary.
I sure hope they don't do that to me. I signed up for my first Crafty class last month. As close as I run my checkbook they would have things bouncing all over the place. Especially after the first week of the month.
damaquilts is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
postal packin' mama
Main
93
08-03-2011 10:37 PM
cathyvv
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
18
09-28-2010 11:32 PM
bearisgray
Main
8
07-25-2010 07:37 AM
Boston1954
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
15
04-25-2010 10:05 AM
ShellyQ
Blocks of the Month and Week
39
09-24-2008 06:28 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.