Quiltaholics

Old 06-29-2016, 05:54 AM

My name is Pat and I am addicted to quilting.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:01 AM

I just gave away my entire sewing room to a friend at church. Could I put a monetary value on it--several hundred dollars at least. More importantly, she can now quilt on a gifted machine and fabric and sew to her heart's content. Her friend and I have promised to teach her to quilt.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
I just gave away my entire sewing room to a friend at church. Could I put a monetary value on it--several hundred dollars at least. More importantly, she can now quilt on a gifted machine and fabric and sew to her heart's content. Her friend and I have promised to teach her to quilt.
what a wonderful thing to do....sorry you had to do it, but I'm sure your reasons were very sound...now you can watch the progress of a new quilter and know you helped tremendously.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

I started to get numb when I started to add up how much money I've invested in sewing supplies over the years (50+) and how much it would cost to replace "just" the things I use often.

Replacement value can be a lot higher than what we originally spent - inflation, and all that.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:35 AM

Fun to have a laugh and make fun of ourselves. On a more serious note, remember the poor family who had all that fabric to unload after someone died? As I recall it was hundreds of pounds of fabric, literally a store full, in a "private collection". There is no way in the world that woman was going to be able to use all that fabric. She probably didn't have enough friends or family to give it to either. So I wonder what was the point? There were thousands of dollars wrapped up in fabric and notions that could easily end up in the dump. So do we find joy in the buying of fabric or the sewing? A little of both probably. Collecting fabric to use sounds like a good idea and I love looking, but hoarding is a mental health issue.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:45 AM

I am a quiltaholic and proud of it. My family understands my problem and uses it to their advantage - they ask me to make a quilt and I can't help myself, I do it. They don't tell me what to make, just whether it is a baby or young child. So thinking about it - they are enablers.....Hmmmm. Another thing I have started is making pillow cases to go with the quilts.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:45 AM

I have a daughter who comes over and "shops" in my sewing room. Off she goes and makes something cute. She is waiting for the day when her little ones are grown and she can sew again. My store goes to her when I am gone, and she will be happy.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:27 PM

Hi my name is Delilah, I am a fabric and quilt-a holic. I love to sew and do quilts.
When I die, I think I will just haunt a fabric shop. Maybe JoAnn's.
I will be able to sew 4-ever then.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Glad I am not the only addict out here....LOL...Love it...
Old 08-25-2016, 10:53 AM

Is this where we come in out of the cold? We must confess? All the stashes of yarn+fabrics+tools+,+,+?
Hello, my name is Dot, and "I don't give a ____, either!"