Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: "Connecting Threads" Kit

Hey Guys, I'm in a little dilema here....as I'm a very good putter off til the last minute person. I had bought a kit from Connecting Threads a couple of months ago. My Christmas gifts this year are lap quilts..no problem I thought..yea, right. Any way, yesterday I get out my kit and find that the instructions go from step 4 to step 6. No step 5 and, of course, that is an important one in how to assemble the blocks. I call their 800 number and the gentleman who answers the phone, after I tell him my problem started to laugh....loudly..out loud!!! Well, needless to say at first, I didnt know how to take it, but when he told me they are soooo busy there that it will probably be 3 or 4 days before anyone can get back with me, I figured I needed to laugh too or else I'd be crying. This quilt is now being put aside and I'm on to my next one (need to complete 3 before the BIG day). Does this happen often when you buy quilt kits? I know I should of looked when it came and I did pay over $50 after buying the backing..it is my fault :cry: , but still..... Any one else ever have this problem?
    Thanks!
    Melinda

Put out the name of the kit and pattern and see if someone on the board has it. Maybe they can help you complete your quilt???

Blog Entries
    Hmmm,, i have two of their kits somewhere. one is the small quilt with ducks. the fabric sent with both feels yucky. so i haven't even attempted to make them. sorry.

Maybe check their website to see if they have posted the mistake.

Blog Entries
    yes, which ones did you get???

Blog Entries
    well! harumph! it wasn't very nice of him to laugh at you ... unless, of course, you told him your story in a "laughing at yourself" manner. :hunf:

please do tell us the name of the kit in case somebody knows it and can help you.

Blog Entries
    Connecting Threads has a forum/website with all the staff on it! Go there and get your answer. It's full of all Connecting Threads things.
    http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads.com/

forum: http://quiltingcommunity.ning.com/forum

Blog Entries
    yes, do keep trying. customer service doesn't stop just because of Christmas.

Blog Entries
    I hope you will tell us which kit...I just finished the Camdem House table topper...was it that one?

Blog Entries
    It wasn't very nice that he laughed at you!!! That is only one step above being yelled at for bothering him.... it is IS their kit and THEIR mistake :evil: I would call back and ask to talk to someone who can help...it may be their busy Christmas season but it is YOUR busy time of year TOO!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast