Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "I Love binding my quilts"

I know there are a lot of quilters who do not like to do the last thing to finish on their quilt, the binding. I love to sit and do that hand binding. It is very relaxing for me and I love it. I was wondering if there is a market out there for this service? Does anyone do this? Charge by the size? What liability is involved with the quilt? Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

Wow sounds great to me because the few things I've tried that was the hardest.

doesn't seem like it would be worth it to ship it to you for binding, so you would be limited to folks in your area.

Blog Entries
    I am a long arm quilter. I have a friend that loves to bind so I offer her service to my customers...which works out really nice. People are already shipping their quilts to me..so I just have Beth Bind them and then ship them back. So if you want to make this a job maybe you should contact quilters in your area and hand them a flyer so they can pass on your info.
    :thumbup:

The above sounds like a great idea. Where I take my quilts for longarm they charge only $10 for binding. Get in touch with long arm quilters and I'm sure they have customers who would love this service.

Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    I am a long arm quilter. I have a friend that loves to bind so I offer her service to my customers...which works out really nice. People are already shipping their quilts to me..so I just have Beth Bind them and then ship them back. So if you want to make this a job maybe you should contact quilters in your area and hand them a flyer so they can pass on your info.

Some longarmer or commercial people have binding machines. They can charge a reasonable rate because it's not done by hand. There's no way in *heck* I'd charge $10 for a King size quilt;>

Yup, if I had the extra space and cash a commercial binding machine would be high on the list!

Blog Entries
    I am sure there is a market for binding. Keep us posted if you choose to offer this as a service and your charges (smile).

I am in the same boat, I love to do the binding. When I go to quilt retreat, I usally only sleep about 3 hours a night and end up binding someones quilt to break up the monotony. At quilt group here at home, I almost always offer. It is a very relaxing thing for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    This is exactly the way I started my mailing list service business years ago.. just called all the mail houses to find out if they needed this service. One said they'd been trying to find someone to do just that part of the service they provided their customers. Word of mouth is the best advertising of all... Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Good luck and keep us updated

Craftybear

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast