Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 going on 18

Help me, I have made a few quilts for charity and baby showers but I have a 10 year old daughter who wants me to make her a quilt and I have no idea what "type" to make her..Everything I show her is either to baby-ish or old people design's (as she put it) I'm not very experienced and have only done yellow brick road and a few panel quilts so I need something I won't get discouraged on.. her room is going to be hot pink and black (don't ask-she wanted those colors and daddy say's yes!) So I need an easier two or 3 color quilt pattern for a "young lady"..any suggestions, way to many beautiful quilts on here for me to narrrow down with suggestions for her.

Blog Entries
    Trip around the world would look great with those colors.

google searched - maybe one of these will inspire you:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&b...0black%20quilt

I like the black & white carpentar's star with pink accent: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilively/456922388/ - bonus, recently easy patterns were discussed on the board for the pattern.

This one's cool too: http://www.bevselectricquilting.com/...id=7&showall=1

Thanks- going to look it up with her at home tonight..never thought my 10 year old would be so intimidating to quilt for...:)

I am a new quilter also. Check out this picture of a quilt I made my daughter--she wanted hot pink also

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-84728-1.htm

It is an easy pattern that I got free off of the internet. Let me know if you are interested and I will try and find the site for you.

Those are really in colors for those that age, or at least one that age in my world thinks so.... find a fun print and go for it. Keep in mind black may end up gray with time (know from experience:)) can go w/any big block pattern, in a couple of years taste will change.... Happy Quilting !!

I've had the same dilemma and found that what they want is something contemporary. Often that just means taking a basic pattern and making the pieces huge. I've done the D9P using 10" squares so my finished block is almost 15 x 15. The huge size makes for a quilt that looks modern and not old lady.

I am quilting this one right now for a baby quilt, but could easily be made into a quilt anysize, and seems fun for a 10 year old.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What beautiful quilts. Now I want to hurry up and get out of work to show her these "narrowed down" ideas. Thanks so much for the suggestions.

Blog Entries
    In order to keep her involved, keep having her go through patterns until she "discovers" the perfect pattern (smile).

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast