Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Accu Quilt GO Fabric Cutter and Accu Quilt Go Baby.

I made an error and made the topic Cricut.. big oopsy. Sorry about that. I would like to know from people that have them, are they worth the money? I have some arthritis in my right hand and I dread cutting . What are the preferences here concerning the 2 machines. Christmas is coming quickly and I purchased some fabric yesterday but already ouchy cutting. Looking for alternatives.

Thank you in advance..

I have the Go, and I TOTALLY love it. I havent seen the Baby at all, but the price seems really good to me!
    I DO feel the Go was worth the money......

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    I have the Go, and I TOTALLY love it. I havent seen the Baby at all, but the price seems really good to me!
    I DO feel the Go was worth the money......
    Thank you for your info CarrieAnne. I have been looking on the internet for best prices. Will start calling local stores soon.

How many layers of fabric (peices you can cut from) do you put in the Go ? I read someplace the Baby only does 3 or 4 layers but I'm not positive on that.

I have the GO and only do about 2-3 layers at a time. Otherwise it is too hard to turn. Flannel definitely only 2.

Read all the info and beware of your grainline on some dies. Read, read all the information you can as with any product there are ways to make it a better experience. :D :D

I only do about two or three layers too. Not sure about the Baby.
    Our JoAnns has the Go on sale for 249.00 right now, but I know ladies here have gotten them online cheaper. The one at JAs has one die, and one mat in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    I have the GO and only do about 2-3 layers at a time. Otherwise it is too hard to turn. Flannel definitely only 2.

Read all the info and beware of your grainline on some dies. Read, read all the information you can as with any product there are ways to make it a better experience. :D :D
    Thank you dakotamaid! I have to read up on the difference between the GO and the Go Baby. Not just the price but the amount of layers is important to me. The more the better but it also goes by price.. Also have to find out if the dyes are interchangeable in both. Time for me to do some homework.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    I only do about two or three layers too. Not sure about the Baby.
    Our JoAnns has the Go on sale for 249.00 right now, but I know ladies here have gotten them online cheaper. The one at JAs has one die, and one mat in it.
    THats a great price. I looked at a Baby yesterday at a small store and it was close to $150.

It just dawned on me. you are referring to layers of cloth and I am thinking.. you only get 2 or 3 cut each time you do it.... the dyes allow for the layers of fabric but the dyes are set up for many on a dye ? I guess that is a question... terrribly written. the thickness is 2 or 3 layers and the die cut would be as much as allowed for the size of the put in the die. ex: 18 inches of fabric long. 4 inch would be needed for each one to be cut so that would be 16 cut out of that length. I have no clue of the width and length of the die...Def time to go study the 2. It does sound like the one on sale at Joannes is worth looking into and will check internet also!

If you use the search feature above you'll find a thousand threads(maybe a small exaggeration) about it.

The Go can take many sizes of dies. I am bd at expalining....you put 2or 3 layers of cloth on the dye, andit cuts the shapes. Each die is diffrent...like the 5 inch sq. has 2. The 6 1/2 has only one. The 2 inch has 6....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast