Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquit Go Baby Questions? >

Accuquit Go Baby Questions?

Accuquit Go Baby Questions?

Old 01-02-2015, 06:58 AM

Default Accuquit Go Baby Questions?

I now have an Accuquilt Go Baby and wanted to ask a few questions of those who have an Accuquilt. Does it hurt the foam cutter or the mat to just cut one size of a square when the foam board has 3 different sizes on it? Do you always have to roll the plate all the way through - since that affects both the top and bottom mats - even if only cutting one end design? So far my cuts have been very good - but I just worry about "wasting" the mats where there is no material being cut. Any comments appreciated.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

I have the Go. I put the mat over just the shape I want to cut, not over the whole die. I usually roll it all the way through, it's easier. If I have a die that has a few stubborn spots that won't cut through I reverse the roll to re cut it before the die is through. I save my old mats that split and cut to fit the shapes on other dies. I am not that gentle with my Go and try out all kinds of things to cut with it. I have the electric Go now so the manual one will get all the iffy cuts. LOL
Old 01-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

No, it doesn't hurt the die. The cutting mats are 'consumables' in other words, you will have to replace them, just like you have to replace your rotary cutter blades. You can extend the life of your mat by changing it's position on the die, flipping it end for end and using both sides. They also come in different sizes, so if you find you are always just using a portion of a die, either position the mat as Onebyone suggested, or get a smaller mat for when you just cut this shape.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:11 AM

Thanks, Onebyone and PaperPrincess, for the replies. I knew I would have to replace the mats but wanted to do what I could to make them last as long as possible. I will take your suggestions for that. Happy New Year!
Old 01-03-2015, 01:47 PM

Thanks Onebyone and PaperPrincess for your suggestions. I got an electric Go for Christmas, and having never used an AccuQuilt Go before, your responses will be very helpful. Rennie, I am so glad you asked the question.