Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Amazing how things happen >

Amazing how things happen

Amazing how things happen

Old 01-18-2011, 03:47 PM

Great story!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:42 AM

The same thing happened with me ----- with my THREE YEAR OLD granddaughter! She asked Santa for a sewing machine, and told me she wanted to keep it at my house and teach me. She lost interest after about 9 seams (but still talks to her mom about how she :"made" a blanket). It will get finished and her dolly will be nice and warm. Yes, it's the best gift I've ever received. (later she told her mom that she, herself, would teach her how to sew. lol)
Old 03-12-2011, 03:53 PM

What an honor. You two girls will have so much fun. The memories will be priceless :thumbup: Introduce her to the board. She will learn so much here. I know I do.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by jayelee
My neice who told me that she didnt want me to make her a quilt for Christmas but asked for a sewing machine and fabric from her parents for Christmas, so I could teach her to make one , came over yesterday She brought with her a piece of graph paper with her design of what she wants her quilt to be and the fabric she would like to make it out of. We are going to start cutting next weekend. This is going to be more fulfilling than giving her a quilt woild have ever been. I felt so hurt when she told me not to make her a quilt for Christmas so I didnt.This is the best Christmas gift anyone has ever given me.

This is wonderful for you especially all the time you would have with her to help her learn....great bonding experience that would last a lifetime.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I can only dream of someone wanting me to teach them how to make quilts. My DD made a quilt but didn't want my help, she did it all on her own. Enjoy teaching her.
You may have taught your DD without knowing it! She obviously thought you were having fun & wanted to share the experience even if independantly. She must have been watching you very closely to feel that confident! :-)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:27 AM

That is just awesome. My dgd wanted me to teach her, but, her mom never has time for us to get together.